The Robert Fitzroy Academy opened as a brand new primary academy in September 2012, and has since established itself as a ‘Good’ school. Starting a school ‘from scratch’ is both a great privilege and an enormous undertaking. Our £10 million building refurbishment has turned imposing classic, historical buildings into a bright, modern and inspiring learning environment and we are continuing to invest in our setting – offering up-to-date technology and vibrant teaching and learning spaces for our pupils and staff. The school has worked hard during these formative years to establish its ethos and core values resulting in happy, inspiring learning environment where children are motivated to achieve and where staff are encouraged, supported and developed to continually strive for excellence.
We are looking for a passionate and inspiring leader with a clear strategic vision for improving the school's effectiveness and raising standards and expectations through strong and exceptional leadership and management. Having now achieved two ‘good’ judgments in our previous OFSTED inspections we now want a leader who will support us towards achieving an outstanding education for our pupils through a highly effective, enriching and well-planned curriculum.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
NPQH (or equivalent) achieved or underway (Desirable)
Essential skills and experience
- Understanding of leading an academy.
- Understanding of the challenges of leading a large school.
- Experience of developing a differentiated and creative curriculum to pupils with a diverse range of social, emotional, cultural, intellectual and physical needs.
- Ability to use a range of evidence, including performance data, to support, monitor, evaluate and improve aspects of school life, including challenging poor performance.
- Ability to engage the school community in the systematic and rigorous self-evaluation of the work of the school.
- Experience of monitoring and improving the quality of teaching and learning.
- Experience of having led, or made a significant contribution to, the success of a school, through its leadership, pupil outcomes and ethos.
- Experience of supporting staff to optimise attainment and progress of pupils.
We can offer:
• An exciting challenge where you can truly make your mark
• The benefits of being part of the forward thinking REAch2 Academy Trust - one of the most successful primary Trusts in the country
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country
• Strong induction and high levels of support from the REAch2 Central team in order to support the school to make strong improvement towards outstanding.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is a dynamic, motivational leader with a proven success record of improving teaching and learning
• Has a strong understanding of systems-based leadership to enable them to lead improvement effectively across a large school, including securing accountability at all levels.
• Will be committed to ensuring the REACh2 touchstones are understood by all stakeholders and embedded in the life of the school.
• Leads by example and has a track record of raising standards and levels of achievement
• Is able to inspire and motivate staff
• Is an excellent, engaging communicator who will develop strong relationships with children, parents and the wider community
• Has the vision and tenacity to lead the school towards outstanding.
About Robert Fitzroy Academy
- 80 Brampton Road, Croydon, CR0 6JN
- Robert Fitzroy Academy website (opens in a new window)