- Job role
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Trust Leadership Scale L25 - L31 (£76,141 - £88,187)
Our school is situated on the outskirts of the Cathedral city of Lichfield. We are well integrated into the local community and into the wider city and district, although pupils may come to us from areas of Staffordshire outside the city. We were judged Good by Ofsted in 2014 and since that judgement our hard-working and committed staff, led by our exceptional Head Teacher have striven for constant improvement to make our school even better for all our children. We can now aspire to be an Outstanding school.
At Rocklands, the child is at the centre of all we do. Our motto ‘Belong, Believe, Become’ sums this up as we wish all pupils to feel they belong to a safe supportive and inclusive environment, believe in themselves and their abilities to develop and become the best they can.
With the departure of our Head Teacher, we are now looking for an outstanding practitioner with the experience and vision to take the school forward, building on the considerable success of the last few years, without losing our inclusive and supportive ethos.
Applying for the job
Please apply using the trust application form which is included as one of the supporting documents or can be downloaded from the school websiteMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 126 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
About Rocklands School
Rocklands School is a Primary generic special school providing education for children aged 2-11 years with a broad range of special educational needs.
Following the retirement of the dedicated and very well- respected Head Teacher we have an exciting opportunity to offer the right candidate. We are looking to appoint a passionate and forward- looking Head Teacher to lead our dedicated and skilled staff and support team from September 2022.
Our aim at Rocklands is to create a learning environment where the child is firmly at the centre of all we do. We want Rocklands’ children and staff to feel they belong to a safe and supportive school, where their successes will be celebrated. They will be inspired to believe in themselves and strive to become the best they can, ready to take the next steps on their journey through life.
Rocklands School is looking for someone with the:
• Aspiration to continue our journey to the next level
• Passion to focus relentlessly on what is best for every pupil in our context
• Ambition to sustain a rich and varied curriculum which engages and inspires every child
• Ability to further develop outstanding educational provision, whilst securing what works well, that results in outstanding outcomes
• Compassion to support all members of the school community
• Character to exemplify the school’s vision and values
• Willingness to understand what the team has to offer and get the best from them
• Inspiration to take us with them on the journey
• Insight into the challenges specific to special educational needs provision
• Vision to cultivate collaborative relationships with all stakeholders
Arranging a visit to Rocklands School
Visits can be arranged by contacting the Bursar, Phil Clayton
Telephone 01543 548700 option 2