Deadline is today
Start date details
Autumn Term 2023 or Spring Term 2024
29 May 2023 at 12pm (midday)
18 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - This is a full time position.
- Scale L21-27 £71,765 to £83,126
Relocation support considered for the right candidate
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Successful teaching experience across the appropriate age range
- Successful senior leadership experience across the appropriate age range at HT, Deputy or Assistant HT level
- Successful experience of developing and implementing improvement plans
- Detailed knowledge of the National Curriculum for the relevant age range
- Successful experience of curriculum design and implementation in the appropriate age range
- Experience of working in a number of settings in the appropriate age range
- Experience of working with children who present challenging behaviour.
- Curriculum Development responsibility in a core subject.
- Experience of managing the school’s responsibility for safeguarding pupils’ wellbeing and providing a safe environment in which pupils can learn.
- Recent accredited safeguarding training
- Establish and sustain the school’s ethos and strategic direction in partnership with those responsible for governance and through consultation with the school community
- Establish and sustain high-quality, expert teaching across the curriculum, and phases, built on an evidence-informed understanding of effective teaching and how pupils learn
- Establish and sustain high expectations of behaviour for all pupils, built upon relationships, rules and routines, which are understood clearly by all staff and pupils
- Ensure the school works effectively in partnership with parents, carers and professionals, to identify the additional needs and special educational needs and disabilities of pupils, providing support and adaptation where appropriate
- Ensure effective implementation of improvement strategies, which lead to sustained school improvement over time and ambitious standards for children, from all backgrounds
What the school offers its staff
- A welcoming and popular School, with happy, confident children who enjoy learning
- A team of dedicated, capable and hard-working staff who are keen to drive standards and seek consistent, effective leadership
- The opportunity to implement and develop fresh ideas -within a supportive network
- The autonomy to build and develop your SLT, with the recruitment of a new Deputy Head in addition to our existing, strong and experienced Deputy and Assistant Head
- Supportive and active Governing body, Church and LA who are passionate and committed to the continued development of all children and staff and your own professional development
- Expansive grounds with good facilities and strong financial position
The school has a substantial and extremely well equipped site, consisting of a blend of old, and new, bespoke designed buildings and a large outdoor provision. Within our excellent facilities, we are fortunate to have a swimming pool, 2 large halls, dedicated nurture and inclusion (‘spark’) rooms, large playing field and garden areas, which are utilised for our Forest School.
The school has a diverse catchmentincluding higher than average EAL and higher than average pupil premium intake and has consistently been recognised by external practitioners and organisations for its excellent work in relation to supporting Children with SEND with subject matter leads sharing best practice across the district and our accreditation and achievement as an Inclusion Quality Mark Centre of Excellence.
The school offers a breakfast and after-school club and we have recently collaborated with parents to open initiatives such as the stay and play group within our School space, for pre-school children and families.
Further details about the role
The School is a Voluntary-aided Church of England School, with a long established, close relationship with our local Church- St Helen’s and our Vision; ‘Together we Learn, Together we Live, Together we Grow, Together we Give’, is grounded in Christian values. Larger than average, we have well subscribed 3-form entry, totalling c620 pupils and 85 staff inclusive of 30 Teaching Staff.
We care passionately about offering breadth above the curriculum requirement and offering our children the access and opportunity to a wide range of exciting activities; We are fortunate to have an excellent Music specialist working with us, and with the support of the Local Authority, Ukelele lessons are available for all children (from Year 3) and Brass lessons are opened up from year 5. We support language lessons in KS1 (year 3) and a wide range of free after-school clubs, from dance to science, on a rotational basis.
We are extremely proud of our sports provision and the close associations we have with local professional sports clubs, recently benefitting from professional players from Featherstone Rovers joining us for some structured play.
Our garden areas allow us to run a Forest School -encouraging exploration and discussions on nature, the environment and our impact on the world around us.
In addition to our Inclusion Quality Mark Centre of Excellence, we are proud to have supported 3 of our Teachers to become Lead Moderators for the local area and are keen to continue investing and building on staff professionaldevelopment and tobe open to effectively agreeing to work with Teacher Training providers to offer quality placements which are beneficial to students, staff and the children. We are also advocates of self-care and offer wellbeing sessions for our staff members.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Sandal Castle VA Community Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 623 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01924 303525
Sandal castle VA Community Primary School is a large, welcoming and inclusive school, committed to providing a safe, supportive and ambitious learning environment for all our children. As three form entry Primary School there are extensive grounds and additional facilities, including a swimming pool. Located in Sandal, Wakefield, with the unique benefit of enjoying close proximity with motorway and rail links as well as open countryside. The School was established in 1686 and at its current site since 1747, more recently amalgamating with another local school in 2015 and extending to open new buildings. The School is situated in an affluent area, close to the historic ruins of Sandal Castle (famous for its association with the nursery rhyme The Grand Old Duke of York) and St Helen’s Church- with a wide and diverse catchment of pupils from the Sandal, Portobello and Agbrigg areas. In the main, our pupils go on to either Kettlethorpe High school or St Thomas a Becketts.
Arranging a visit to Sandal Castle VA Community Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Wetherby
Barley Fields Road, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS22 6PR
Headlands Church of England Voluntary Controlled Junior, Infant and Nursery School
Headlands Road, Liversedge, West Yorkshire, WF15 6PR
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
Green Lane, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S62 6JY
Westways Primary School
Mona Avenue, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 1NE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Wakefield and West Yorkshire