Saxon Hill Academy is a unique school for children and young people aged 2 to 19 who have complex medical needs and physical disabilities. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent all-round education which prepares our young people for independent living, as well as the world of work. Those who know our school, often complement its positive family atmosphere, the progress that we help our students to achieve and the happiness they see amongst all our students and staff. They also point to the fact that students are actively focused on supporting each other to do their best.
Our current Headteacher is retiring after being an instrumental part of the school for many years. We are looking for an inspirational leader who is supportive and resilient with a passion for improving the lives and education of our SEN pupils. It is a wonderful opportunity for a proven leader to make a lasting impact on children’s life chances and to help guide them on their individual journeys to happy, successful, and fulfilling futures.
The successful headteacher will have:
- Strong track-record of success in current and previous experience working as a Senior Leader or Headteacher in an SEN Environment
- The ability to inspire and encourage staff through creative and bold leadership
- Be passionate and ambitious about special school provision and achieving the best for children and young people
- Will effectively model leadership, ensuring staff have the right skills and dedicated to inclusion at every level
- Strong track-record of success in current and previous experience working as a Senior Leader or Headteacher in an SEN Environment preferably with experience of residential provision.
We also offer access to residential, short breaks provision we call “Sleepover Club”, which has been judged to be outstanding by Ofsted for many years. The residential provision makes a real difference to pupils and their families. Pupils can enjoy ‘sleepovers’ and social opportunities with their peers and parents can enjoy quality time with siblings or each other, knowing that their child is safe and being cared for.
You will have responsibility for children on site 4 nights a week and all that entails alongside a yearly Ofsted.
Colleagues within the Trust benefit from:
- Access to a full range of courses both in-house and professionally accredited. These courses include all of the National Professional Qualifications – NPQH, NPQSL, NPQEYL, NPQLL, NPQLT, NPQLTD, NPQLBC are all delivered by the Shaw Education Trust as a delivery partner for Ambition Institute. In addition, we provide access to the NPQEL for Executive Leaders.
- Experienced leadership and subject-specific support.
- Guidance from former HMIs and serving Ofsted Inspectors within the Trust.
- Access to the Trust’s Institute of Education and SCITT.
- Opportunities to work with different schools within the Trust as a Professional Advocate.
- Participating in peer reviews.
- Access to a suite of online courses.
- Placement projects within our family of schools.
Shaw Education Trust and Saxon Hill Academy offer exceptional candidates the opportunity to work within an establishment that has a ‘family’ feel and puts the children, young people and their families at the heart of what we do. All the pupils have an individualised education and are educated in small classes and groups with enhanced support to ensure that all of their needs are met. There is nothing more rewarding than being part of a team that supports a child or young person with Special Educational Needs to reach their goals. You truly will make a difference to the life of a young person and their family.
This job post has expired.