This job expired on 19 February 2024 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2024
19 February 2024 at 12pm (midday)
5 February 2024
About Oakfield Park School
- School type
- Special school, ages 11 to 19
- School size
- 163 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Oakfield Park School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Oakfield Park School is a Local Authority maintained school providing high class education for young people aged 11 to 19 years who have severe or profound and multiple learning difficulties. Many of our pupils have additional complex needs including ASDs, sensory impairment, communication problems, challenging behaviour and physical difficulties.
In October 2019 we received our second consecutive Ofsted judgement of “Outstanding”. The inspectors found that:
• The quality of education at Oakfield Park is outstanding.
• Oakfield Park is a remarkably friendly and welcoming school.
• Pupils work hard and achieve highly at Oakfield Park.
• Pupils say they love coming to school
• They (pupils) feel happy and safe because they know that adults care about them.
• By the time students leave school, they are exceedingly well prepared for adult life.
• Sixth form students get precisely the right support to help them to get ready for when they leave school.
• [There are] exceptionally strong relationships between pupils and staff
Pupils attend from across the Wakefield Metropolitan District. The school is well equipped providing excellent accommodation for pupils with disabilities including those with physical and complex needs. It is a single storey construction allowing access for wheelchairs. We have:
- A heated hydrotherapy pool which is used by school pupils and hired out for community use.
- Activity soft play room
- Sensory Room
- ICT Suite
- Specialist Food Technology Room
- Independent Living flat (recently refurbished)
- Adventure playground
- Horticulture area including a large polytunnel
- Sensory garden
- Large wildlife area
- Spacious playing fields
- Well resourced specialist classrooms
- 3 adapted minibuses and a people carrier
We are a school which provides a centre of excellence through:
• Working in partnership with parents, families, staff, governors and other professionals to ensure the right of every person who has special educational needs to access the quality of education to which they are entitled.
• A shared commitment to building on knowledge and skills to develop independence in preparation for lifelong learning.
• Having high expectations of pupil standards, achievements and behaviour.
• Ensuring the care, safety and welfare of all of its pupils.
• Valuing every member of the school community.
• Providing a highly trained, professional staff team who are committed to delivering quality learning experiences that are challenging and rewarding.
• Celebrating progress, success and achievement through building on ability rather than disability.
• Being inclusive and promoting equal opportunity for all.
“All Different, All Valued, All Equal”
Arranging a visit to Oakfield Park School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in West Yorkshire