Salary: L22 – L28
Springhead School, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
Number on Roll: 88
Commencing: September 2021 or January 2022
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: L22 – L28 (Relocation package of up to £8,000 available)
Contract Term: Permanent
Springhead is a happy, caring and supportive school with an incredible warmth and a welcoming family atmosphere. Our young people are wonderfully interesting and challenging; engaging to work with and accepting of each other. We place a great emphasis on working in partnership with pupils, parents/carers, governors and the communities that we serve.
Our learners have a wide range of learning needs including Complex Learning Difficulties and Disabilities (CLDD), which may be severe or profound alongside a broad range of additional special educational needs such as autism, physical disabilities or complex medical needs.
We are looking for a new leader who is passionate and committed to enabling pupils with SEND – including some with highly complex needs - to become independent, autonomous adults who can make a positive contribution to society. We need someone who can lead and inspire teachers to be aspirational for themselves and their pupils; someone who is able to communicate commitment and passion to staff, parents, pupils, partners, outside agencies and stakeholders, someone who leads the way to possibilities.
This is a rewarding headship; you will be able to lead this unique and highly regarded school on to the next stage of its remarkable journey. You must exhibit confidence, empathy and a clear focus on building a healthy workplace culture to benefit the wellbeing of the staff and pupils.
It is an exciting opportunity for the new Headteacher to develop and implement effective strategies to raise standards and continually improve pupil attainment and progress. With a meticulous eye for detail, you will must be able to support the diverse needs of pupils with SEND, their progress and attainment and the provision that each individual requires, whilst maintaining the ability to balance budgetary constraints.
To be successful, you must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of working with children and young people with SEND.
• You will have an established understanding of the foundation for working with pupils with CLDD
• You will be a passionate champion of equality and diversity in relation to accessing personalised and relevant curriculum for our pupils
• You will be an enabler, someone able to delegate, ensure staff are accountable without them feeling over worked, capable of demonstrating how they would manage staff wellbeing whilst everyone’s role is growing, and numbers and complexity of students needs is increasing, whilst budgets continue to shrink
• You will need the tools and strength to adapt and cope positively in order to create improved mental health outcomes for all in the face of significant challenges. You will excel in supporting both staff and pupil resilience, by promoting a sense of belonging, encouraging and modelling help-seeking, ongoing reflections and learning
• You will need a solid understanding of the SEND code of practice and the underpinning legislation in the Children and Families Act to ensure that statutory duties are delivered
• You will need to understand the broader context around Disability and have awareness of the types of support available
• You will need to gather and respond to the voices of all pupils in the school including those who communicate through behaviour, symbols, signs or alternative and augmentative communication
• You will need to have a commitment to enabling each pupil to become a self-advocating, independent adult who uses their full potential to contribute to their community
We can offer you:
• Headteacher induction, strong partnership and support from the SEND hub and access to a variety of training from School Improvement, Inclusion and Special Headteacher meetings.
• An opportunity to see the huge potential that exists and the time to make Springhead School a beacon of excellence in SEND education.
• Support from the Local Authority, Governing Body and a staff team who are experienced, committed and passionate about our school.
• A Governing Body committed to providing support on all matters including more sensitive or difficult issues and which include the wellbeing of all staff members.
• A curriculum that aims to give every child a love for learning and enrichment opportunities.
• Relocation assistance and competitive remuneration package through the Opportunity Area
If you feel ready to be our next Headteacher and you can bring your passion, commitment and energy to deliver our vision for our delightful children and young people and motivated staff, we would love to hear from you.
For more information about this opportunity and how to apply please visit our dedicated campaign site – http://www.nyresourcing.co.uk/springhead-community-special-primary-school/
For an informal, confidential conversation about the role or to arrange a visit to the school please call Julie Crichton on 07581143421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie has been engaged to support us with recruitment to this key role.
• School Visits: To arrange a visit to the school please contact Julie Crichton
• Application closing date: Midnight, Sunday 11th April
• Shortlisting: Thursday, 15th April
• Interviews: Monday 26th and Tuesday the 27th April
When applying please take into account the following:
The supporting information section of your application should clearly evidence your ability to meet the requirements we have outlined in the person specification. This will be used to shortlist applicants for this role and therefore it is imperative that you provide evidence as requested.
When completing your application, please provide two employment references.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to undertaking an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
PLEASE NOTE, due to necessary site maintenance, our online application site will not be available from 5PM ON THURSDAY 11 MARCH TO 10AM ON MONDAY 15 MARCH. We apologise for any inconvenience. You can still view the campaign site, person spec and job description (on the campaign site) - – http://www.nyresourcing.co.uk/springhead-community-special-primary-school/
(Relocation package of up to £8,000 available)
Applying for the job
For more information about this wonderful opportunity and how to apply please visit our dedicated campaign site - http://www.nyresourcing.co.uk/springhead-school/More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
85 pupils enrolled
2 to 19
About Springhead School
Thank you for taking the time to find out more about our opportunity of Headteacher at Springhead School. We have gathered together lots of useful information to help you understand Springhead, it’s culture and our students. We hope the position will be one in which you can develop your career whilst making a difference to the lives of our children and young people, families and staff.
There is something unique about Springhead School and we are incredibly proud of our school. We promote a warm, caring and supportive family atmosphere, and place great emphasis on working in partnership with parents/carers, young people, governors, and our communities. We aim to achieve our vision by providing a quality education in a safe and caring environment, where our learners can enjoy their learning and social experiences.
We are looking for a new leader to continue the outstanding journey our school is on. Someone who will recognise the skills of the staff and will ensure the achievements of our pupils and students continue to improve. Someone, who is passionate about special needs education and will champion the needs of young people who cannot do that for themselves.
Situated in the beautiful seaside resort of Scarborough, on the East Coast of Yorkshire, the school has close contacts with its local communities as well as other Special schools throughout the county; We are well supported by our North Yorkshire County Council Senior Education Advisor and the SEND team.
There are always ways to improve. We want your skills as a passionate leader to make a difference, to enhance teaching and learning, enriching the personal development of our young people and ensuring everyone - staff, governors and students - promote the vision for our school.
It is important to all at Springhead that our new Headteacher has a friendly, outgoing personality with a positive outlook, respect for difference, whilst passionate and committed to enabling learners to aim high.
For an informal, confidential conversation about the role please call Julie Crichton on 07581143421 or email email@example.com. Julie has been engaged to support us with recruitment to this key role.
At this time, unfortunately, we are not able to offer school visits, we would therefore encourage applicants to have a look at the school website, our Facebook or Twitter handle to get a feel for our school.
On behalf of the governing body, thank you again for your interest in Springhead School and we look forward to receiving your application.
Chair of Governors
Arranging a visit to Springhead School
For an informal, confidential conversation about the role, please call Julie Crichton who is supporting this recruitment process on behalf of Springhead School and can be contacted at North Yorkshire County Council on 07581 143421.