L16 - L22 £61,166 - £70,745 per annum (negotiable according to experience)
Are you looking for your next big adventure? Ready for a bigger leadership opportunity?
Are you determined, innovative and passionate about learning?
Do you have the skills and attributes to lead a team, determined to offer the very best education?
Can you commit to being part of a journey to secure excellent outcomes for our young people?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
Applying for the job
If you are interested in this position and would like to have a more detailed conversation before making the decision to apply for the post, please give us a call and we will be happy to help you with as much detail as possible to support this process. We encourage visits to our academies, and these can be arranged between yourself and the school.
When you have enough information to make your decision to apply, please complete all sections of the application form.
All applicants will be notified of the shortlisting decisions by email. References for shortlisted candidates will be requested before interviews. Interviews are to be confirmed and further details about the interview process will be emailed to the candidates in good time.
The Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
Please view our Privacy Notice for those who have applied to work at the Trust at www.dsat.org.uk/data-protectionMore on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England
313 pupils enrolled
5 to 11
About St Andrew's Church of England Primary School
St Andrew’s CE Primary School is a one and a half form entry primary school, with room to grow, which has made rapid strides in the last three years. It is a school which is constantly seeking to improve and wishes to ensure that it continues to make a difference to pupils’ lives. The school is developing a vibrant curriculum and we wish the person appointed to continue this work so that children continue to leave the school with a passion for learning, already having a secure and wide knowledge base and skills which will equip them for the next phase of their education, as well as life.
The recent Ofsted judgement of good in all categories is a testament to the hard work of the staff and to the thorough and effective teaching which children receive. Outcomes are good, but we wish to improve them more and our new Headteacher must have strong leadership skills to take St Andrews to being excellent. Highly effective teaching and learning, along with superb interpersonal skills is key to this.
We are proud of our church school ethos and our partnership with the local churches. Our Christian vision has driven much of our work. We value our partnership with our local community and parents and a look on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/standrewswey/ will show how important this is to the school.
The school is situated on the edge of the Dorset seaside town of Weymouth. It serves a very mixed area with some high-quality residential properties alongside some social housing in an area of considerable deprivation. The school buildings are modern and are surrounded by good grounds which enjoy the facility of green hills behind and good field spaces to either side. We share our site with a pre-school and one of the more recent innovations has been the integration of much of their work with Early Years’ provision. We are well resourced and are currently remodelling our outside early years area.
We genuinely value the positive contribution of every member of our team, provide extensive continuing professional development and are keen to welcome other like-minded staff. We are part of the Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust and work collaboratively to achieve the best outcomes for all children in the Trust.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a dynamic vision for the education of all children in a church school context
• Has a proven track record of excellent teaching and learning
• Has a wide, current knowledge and understanding of education
• Is an innovator who can lead by example
• Has excellent interpersonal skills and who wishes to build positive working relationships
within our school and local and trust community
• Has a desire and commitment to raising standards for every child
• Is creative and can embrace change
• Has energy, enthusiasm and passion
• Is able to show reflectiveness and persistence when dealing with complexity
• Places safeguarding at the heart of the school
• Genuinely wants to be part of our future
We can offer:
• Young people who love their school and are excited by learning
• A team of dedicated staff who believe in keeping the children at the heart of everything
• A collaborative desire to be the very best we can be
• Opportunities for professional development
• A governing body that works hard for the school, providing support but also challenge
• A strong and supportive parent body
• A positive, caring school ethos firmly rooted in our Christian values
• A Trust that offers many opportunities for working together and for collaboration