The Diocese of Nottingham is looking to appoint a new Headteacher to this high performing Catholic Primary School from Easter 2019 or September 2019. St Augustine’s is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust, along with all the Catholic schools in Nottinghamshire.
The school is a 1.5 form entry and is a vibrant school where the life of Jesus is central to everything the school undertakes. Pupils make progress above the national average in all areas.
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO, you will focus your leadership skills on both the Catholic Life of the school and standards of teaching and learning. Working with the school community, you will be responsible for the all-round spiritual, social and academic development of all pupils.
The successful candidate will:
• be a practicing Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education
• ensure that the example and teachings of Jesus Christ are at the centre of all that we do
• have a proven track record of successful leadership, management and school improvement
• have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of the school
• be passionate about ensuring that each pupil fulfils their unique potential
• be a confident, positive and visible leader with the ability to build relationships with staff, students, parents, Governors, Directors and others working in the CMAT and a wide variety of external partners
• constantly be looking ahead, working closely with the CMAT, Governors and the SLT to develop a compelling faith centred vision for the school that acts as the focus of all activity and drives improvement
• be able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success
• have the ability to drive themselves and others
• be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance
• actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences
• place safeguarding at the heart of the school
In return we can offer you:
• enthusiastic and ambitious pupils who are keen to learn
• a highly supportive and ambitious Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Board and Governing Body
• a school which is fully staffed by a dedicated, well qualified teaching and support team committed to supporting the school and its pupils
• the benefits of The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance. You would benefit from first class CPD opportunities and be able to lead CPD for the TSA
• an excellent, bespoke induction programme
• first-rate personal career development opportunities as part of a new forward thinking CMAT and its associated Teaching School Alliance
There will be an expectation that you will make a positive contribution to the overall development of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust.
To arrange a meeting with the CEO and a visit to the school please contact Mrs Karen Rich, PA to James McGeachie (CEO designate), at email@example.com
To obtain an application pack please contact James McGeachie, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 9am on Monday 25 February 2019
The Trust and St Augustine’s School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Essential educational requirements
Degree or equivalent
Evidence of commitment to continual professional development including recent participation in a range of relevant in-service training
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Applicants must be a Practising Catholic with evidence of participation in life of faith community
Effective leadership experience at Deputy Head, Assistant Head of SLT level
About St Augustine's Catholic Primary and Nursery School, A Voluntary Academy
At St. Augustine’s we aim to create an orderly, welcoming environment where the Gospel values of love, peace and justice are reflected in the behaviour of all members of the school community. Prayer and worship are an important part of our daily school life. Through getting to know Jesus our children learn the importance of love and respect for all and how these values are reflected in their own behaviour and attitudes Please do come and see for yourself. You can meet the children and staff when you visit and experience the real spirit and motivation of our school. We very much look forward to meeting you.
- Park Avenue, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG3 4JS
- St Augustine's Catholic Primary and Nursery School, A Voluntary Academy website (opens in a new window)