St George's CofE Primary School, London
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£64,344 to £73,328|
St George’s C of E Primary School
Perry Vale, Forest Hill, London, SE23 2NE
Leadership L14 (£64,344) to L20 (£73,328)*
*salary negotiable for experienced Headteacher
NOR: 237, including Nursery
Start Date: September 2020
Please visit our website to watch a video introduction to our school
We are looking for a dynamic and inspirational Headteacher to join and lead our warm, open, ambitious school in September 2020 .
We are part of a richly diverse and integrated community and are committed to the Church of England’s mission to serve the whole population.
Christian values are at the heart of all aspects of our school life and thus we are a school where every child and every adult is valued and included.
In providing a safe, happy and orderly environment, and with high expectations we seek to inspire a love of learning through a broad and balanced curriculum, encouraging every child to use their God given talents.
We are an Academy within the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education Multi-Academy Trust.
• Believe in the mission and ethos of our School and of the Multi-Academy Trust;
• Be a strategic leader with a proven track record of school improvement, including advancing the quality of teaching and learning;
• Be passionate and relentless in improving educational standards, providing high quality leadership, management and inspiration, driving forward change to shape the future direction of the School;
• Be able to develop effective partnerships with staff, governors, parents, the parish, the local authority and its safeguarding teams, and the wider community;
• Be able and ready to work in collaboration with other schools within the Multi-Academy Trust.
We can offer you:
• Amazing, well behaved children with positive attitudes to learning and pride in their school;
• Hardworking, caring, dedicated and friendly staff and active parents;
• Governors and Trustees committed to support and improvement;
• A nurturing working environment with a focus on wellbeing;
• Strong partnerships with our family of Academies;
• Excellent professional development and career opportunities;
• An attractive salary and benefits package including funded CPD opportunities.
An application pack be downloaded from our website www.sdbemat.org or obtained by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed application forms should be returned by email, post or by hand to Thomas Scrace, HR Business Partner, SDBE Multi-Academy Trust, 48 Union Street, London, SE1 1TD.
Visits to the school are encouraged and are scheduled to take place on Tuesday 24th and Wednesday 25th March 2020. Please email email@example.com to book an appointment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Check and references.
CVs are not accepted, an Application Form must be completed.
Tenable: September 2020
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 30th March 2020
Shortlisting: Wednesday 1st April 2020
Interviews: Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th April 2020
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
NPQH, MBA or other management qualification
Essential skills and experience
Evidence of being an outstanding primary classroom practitioner within a multicultural school.
Successful senior leadership experience at headteacher/ deputy headteacher/ assistant headteacher level, ideally in a primary school.
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||237 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||St George's CofE Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
Perry Vale, London, SE23 2NE