The pupils, staff and governors of St. John’s C of E VA First School are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, talented and inspirational Headteacher to join our happy and nurturing school and build on the strong foundations already in place to further develop our school.
Our vision:‘Together, we give our children the roots to grow and wings to fly.’
As a fully inclusive Church school, we provide the children with a high quality, rounded education within the context of the Christian values of hope, wisdom, friendship, perseverance, self-control and respect, which are values shared with other faiths and non-faiths.
If you feel you would be able to bring our vision to life through your work as a Headteacher, we welcome hearing from you.
What we can offer
- A positive, welcoming and inclusive community
- Enthusiastic children who enjoy coming to school and are eager to learn
- Dedicated and talented staff, committed to delivering quality education for all pupils
- A supportive Governing body and parent body
About the school
We are a ‘Good’ Church of England first school in the heart of the ever-popular market town of Frome in Somerset (Ofsted, 2017). Frome has been named more than once as the Best Place to Live in the Southwest of England in The Sunday Times. Frome boasts a vibrant town centre with lots of independent shops and traders. It is known for its community spirit and local initiatives such as “The Compassionate Frome” project.
We are looking for an innovative experienced leader who demonstrates:
- Tenacity and unwavering commitment to improving the outcomes and developing the potential of all of our children
- Enthusiasm and fresh, innovative thinking to continually deliver high quality education
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamworking with commitment to their own and others continuing professional development
- Drive, vision and creativity with a commitment to excellence
We are interested in applications from current Headteachers, or aspirational Deputy Headteachers who are seeking to step up to a headship position.
We welcome visits to school from prospective applicants (by prior arrangement only). Please call the school and speak with Rosemary Conway, School Business Manager, to arrange an appointment on 01373 462251.
Application Deadline: midday on 3 November 2022
Interviews: 17 and 18 November 2022
We are committed to the welfare of the children in our care, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding. We follow safer recruitment practices, and all appointments are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance and references.
St John’s Church of England V.A First School,Christchurch St East, Frome, BA11 1QG