- Job role
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- Leadership 15 - 21 (£59,581 - £69,031)
Join us and help us shape the future of Catholic education in Nottingham.
The Diocese of Nottingham is looking to appoint a new Headteacher to this high performing Catholic Primary School from January 2022.
St Joseph’s Catholic Voluntary Academy is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust, along with all the Catholic schools in Nottinghamshire.
Situated in North Nottinghamshire, we offer an exciting learning community where every child is given the opportunity to enjoy reaching their full potential – intellectually, spiritually, physically, and creatively.
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO, you will focus your leadership skills on both the Catholic life of the school and standards of teaching and learning. Working with the school community, you will be responsible for the all-round spiritual, social, and academic development of all pupils.
The successful candidate will:
• be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education
• ensure that the example and teachings of Jesus Christ are at the centre of all that we do
• have a proven track records of successful leadership, management, and school improvement
• have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of the school
• be passionate about ensuring that each pupil fulfils their unique potential
• be a confident, positive, and visible leader with the ability to build relationships with staff, pupils, parents, Governors, Directors, and others working in the CMAT and a wide variety of external partners
• constantly be looking ahead, working closely with the CMAT, Governors and the SLT to develop a compelling faith centred vision for the school that acts as the focus of all activity and drives improvement
• be able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success
• have the ability to drive themselves and others
• be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance
• actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences
• place safeguarding at the heart of the school
In return we can offer you:
• enthusiastic and ambitious children who are keen to learn
• a highly supportive and ambitious Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Board and Governing Body
• a school which is fully staffed by a dedicated, well qualified teaching and support team committed to supporting the school and its pupils
• first class CPD opportunities
• an excellent, bespoke induction programme
There will be an expectation that you will make a positive contribution to the overall development of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust.
The Trust and St Joseph’s Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring, and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities, and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
• Access to first class CPD opportunities. We have a specialised CPD Hub to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD for all our staff. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent, and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Cycle to Work Scheme – you will save money as well as improve your mental health and well-being and reduce your Carbon Footprint.
• Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions
• Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
For more information about our Trust and our vacancies, please visit www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 225 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About St Joseph's Catholic Primary and Nursery School
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary and Nursery School currently has 248 children on roll aged 3-11 years serving the localities of Ollerton, Boughton and surrounding areas of North Nottinghamshire.
We feel our Mission statement ‘Growing in Love, in the Spirit of Christ, for the benefit of all’ reflects all we stand for as a School community. We put the example of Christ at the centre of all we do to help us grow Socially, Academically, Spiritually, Morally and Physically in our learning and our friendships. We do this for ourselves as well as for the members of the School, Parish, Local, National and International communities in which we live.
The school opened in 1963 and has benefited from several projects of refurbishment, modernisation and extension with the most recent being in the Summer of 2018. The school strives to provide modern facilities and a learning environment in which our children can flourish.
The school converted to an Academy in July 2015 and became Part of The Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi Academy Trust in September 2018 working with other local Catholic Schools to strive for the best for all our children. As a result we have happy children with a love of learning who are well mannered and polite. Children respect each other and the world in which they live and they have a good reputation within the local community. The Parents of our Children share our desire for the best for all our children and recognise the need for a positive, open and mutually respectful partnership between Home and School.
The School last Received and Ofsted Inspection in May 2018 resulting in a Good judgement in all areas supporting our evaluation of the strength and areas for development of our school.
Arranging a visit to St Joseph's Catholic Primary and Nursery School
To arrange a conversation about this role, please contact Mrs Karen Rich, Executive Assistant to James McGeachie, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org