This job expired on 22 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
22 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
2 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
Full-time equivalent salary
- Group Size 2 Fringe L13 - 19
What skills and experience we're looking for
St Joseph The Worker Catholic Primary School is a popular, nurturing and outstanding school whose Catholic ethos is at the heart of all that we do.
Our Mission Statement is:
‘with Jesus we learn, we care, we listen, we share so that He might be seen in the people that we are and the things that we do.’
Following the impending retirement of our highly esteemed current Headteacher the Governors invite applications for a dedicated Headteacher from September 2023. Applications are invited from experienced, enthusiastic and suitably qualified, practising Catholic leaders to play a key role in building on the success of our friendly school. The successful applicant will work with governors to shape the strategic direction of the school, and will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of the school, leading a team that strives together for the good of the pupils.
Applications are invited from existing headteachers, deputy headteachers, assistant headteachers or senior leaders with appropriate experience.
We want our Headteacher to:-
- Be a practising Catholic who can nurture faith and spirituality within the community and take the lead role in delivering inspirational Catholic education based on our shared values.
- Have a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic education.
- Will uphold and continue to nurture a rich and broad-based curriculum that both excites our teachers to teach and each individual child to learn, ensuring that they are both supported and challenged to fulfil their potential.
- Has a proven track record in providing inspirational, strategic, and professional leadership.
- Be an excellent communicator with a strong commitment to working in partnership with the parish and the community.
- Have a passionate commitment to safeguarding and the welfare and wellbeing of all.
- Be a caring individual who is supportive of the ethos of the school.
What the school offers its staff
We can offer you:-
- A positive and caring ethos based on the values of the Catholic faith.
- A firm commitment to wellbeing and professional development.
- The opportunity to work with thoughtful, enthusiastic children, supportive parents, professional and devoted staff and governors.
Further details about the role
Prospective candidates are positively encouraged to visit our school. Please contact the School Business Manager to arrange this as soon as possible on 01277 227282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies
Full details of the post and application form are available on www.st-josephworker.essex.sch.uk/Key Information/Vacancies.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com or to the school office marked CONFIDENTIAL FAO MRS L WILLATS
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Joseph the Worker Catholic Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 208 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01277 227282
St Joseph the Worker School Catholic Primary school is located in Hutton, Essex. Mission Statement The mission of our school is that: With Jesus we learn, we care, we listen, we share so that He might be seen in the people that we are and the things that we do. Aims • To see teaching and learning as a process of co-operative team work and welcome and encourage the involvement of parents and others in the community. • To esteem children as individuals and respect their rights, values and beliefs. • To foster and promote good relationships and a sense of belonging to the School community. • To give opportunities to work with a range of materials, practices and processes which develop skills, attitudes, knowledge and understanding. • To provide situations which encourage pupils to use their practical and intellectual skills to evaluate and improve their work. • To provide a well-ordered environment in which all are fully aware of behavioural expectations. • To offer equal opportunities in all aspects of school life and recognising the importance of different cultures. • To encourage praise and positively reinforce good relationships, behaviour and work. • To work as a team, supporting and encouraging one another. • To encourage a sense of interest, enjoyment and pride in all pupils.
Arranging a visit to St Joseph the Worker Catholic Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Gordons Children's Academy, Junior
Gordon Road, Rochester, Kent, ME2 3HQ
Endeavour Co-Operative Academy
Hogarth Avenue, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 8BE
Stapleford Abbotts Primary School
Stapleford Road, Romford, Essex, RM4 1EJ
Turnham Road, London, SE4 2HH
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock