- L23-27 (£72,497 – £79,958 per annum)
Headteacher job summary
The Governors and Trustees are seeking to appoint an excellent leader to work with a talented staff team to take this large, high-performing school on its next stage of development from September 2022.
We are looking for a leader who will:
• be fully supportive of and committed to the aims and ethos of a Church of England school
• support our continued journey in excellence with a focus on research informed practice in the areas of curriculum and pedagogy to ensure we provide outstanding educational opportunities for all our pupils
• bring a track record of success in achieving high outcomes for all pupils and particularly for disadvantaged and SEND children
• have the knowledge and qualities needed to develop colleagues so that they achieve the highest standards of teaching and learning
• demonstrate a personal commitment to inclusion and diversity
• have the skills to network and build alliances across educational settings and a strong desire to work collaboratively within the Multi Academy Trust
• enjoy celebrating the team’s successes.
We can offer you:
• a school community committed to excellence
• a talented, creative and motivated staff who are keen to support each other to be the best they can be
• happy, well-behaved, confident and hardworking pupils
• a very well maintained site which has had significant investment
• a supportive and active Governing Body, together with encouraging and involved parents
• the support of clergy and churches within the town and particularly within the Parish of Portishead
• significant opportunities for collaboration and development within the LSP.
St Peter’s offers an excellent benefits package including contributory pension scheme, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and benefits (offering discounts on shopping) and cycle to work scheme.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Peter's Church of England Primary School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- School size
- 618 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
St Peter’s Church of England Primary School is a vibrant 630 place primary school focused on excellence. The school is designated by the DFE as an English Hub and provides support to a large number of schools in the region. St Peter’s is a member of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership (LSP), a Multi-Academy Trust.
As a former Teaching School St Peter’s has had a lead role in providing CPD across the Trust. This work is now being transferred to the Trust’s Centre for Professional Development, which is currently led by a leader from St Peter’s.
Arranging a visit to St Peter's Church of England Primary School
We would encourage prospective candidates to visit our school prior to application. Visits can be made on 9th/10th February, and/or, 16th/17th February and can be booked by contacting Rachel Robb at email@example.com or call 01275 843142.