|Job role||Teacher, Leadership|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Group 2 £48,808 - £66,517|
The Governors of Holy Family Catholic Primary School wish to appoint an inspirational, ambitious and innovative Headteacher for this rewarding leadership role. The school is seeking a strong leader and team player who will nurture the children and lead the staff to excel. Our new Headteacher will drive rapid school improvement and further raise the quality of education for all pupils. We are keen to appoint a Headteacher who will ensure that Holy Family will continue to provide a broad curriculum, rooted in Gospel values. As a practicing Catholic, your drive and vision will help us continue to maximise the development and achievements of all our children, as well as contributing to our local community and wider Trust community of schools. You will need to adopt a whole school approach when setting out your plans for the school and have the aspiration, resilience and ability to build positive and trusting relationships to create a culture of learning and ambition that will see our children develop, grow and contribute as an active member in today’s society.
We want our Headteacher to:-
• Be a committed practicing Catholic, with a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic education, who will cherish and support the Catholic ethos of our school;
• Have a proven leadership skills with a passion for education and making a difference to children’s lives;
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire our children and our staff with a strong commitment to working in partnership with the community;
• Continue to raise aspirations, standards and achievements of all our children through support and challenge;
• Secure high quality teaching and learning, with the ability to identify and sustain long term improvement;
• Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful;
• Have a positive and optimistic approach; be proactive and confident; be an excellent multitasker;
• Be passionately committed to safeguarding and the welfare and wellbeing of children and staff.
We can offer you:-
• Enthusiastic children who are proud of their school and their achievements
• A supportive, welcoming and caring ethos throughout the school based on the values of the Catholic faith;
• The opportunity to work with delightful children and a team of talented and conscientious staff committed to working together with our engaged parents to provide the best education and support for all our pupils;
• An enthusiastic, supportive and dedicated Local Governing Committee and Trust Board;
• The benefits of a forward thinking Trust, extensive collaboration across our Trust schools and the wider Diocese of Brentwood, which can provide the successful applicant with opportunities for further professional development;
• Support, in the form of individual mentoring, particularly for aspiring Headteachers;
• The provision of some of the central functions so that you can focus on the quality of teaching and learning and school improvement.
Applying for the job
Full details of the post and an application form are also available on the Assisi Catholic Trust website. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com.
|School type||Academy, Roman Catholic|
|School size||1074 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||St Thomas More High School website (opens in a new window)|
About St Thomas More High School
Holy Family School is a voluntary aided Roman Catholic School, opened by the Sisters of Mercy in 1965. It is situated in Kents Hill Road, South Benfleet, a suburban area of S.E. Essex and backs onto an area of extensive countryside. There are good facilities for shopping and convenient rail and bus links to Southend, Basildon and London. The school is within easy reach of the A13, A127 and A130.
At age eleven, the children may move on to either of the two Catholic Schools in Southend, St. Thomas More High School for the boys or St. Bernard’s High School for the girls, selective schools in Southend or local comprehensives.
We aim to keep the presence of Christ before us in all our activities, to educate the children to their full potential in the light of the Gospel and to build up the Parish Community.
Arranging a visit to St Thomas More High School
Prospective candidates are warmly encouraged to visit the school. Please contact the Vice Chair of Governors Mrs Maria Peddle by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit to the school.
Kenilworth Gardens, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, SS0 0BW