This job expired on 2 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
September 2023 or January 2024
2 June 2023 at 5pm
12 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Monday - Friday
- L11 to L17
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Be passionate about achieving excellence in the education of children
- Be a visible presence accessible to all members of the school community
- Be well organised, versatile and enthusiastic
- Have the ability to develop the school’s vision, nurture its ethos, maintain high standards and promote inclusion
- Be a team player, an outstanding communicator, and a strategic thinker
- Value, support and empower all staff and nurture the strong relationships that exist within the school and wider community
- Be outward-looking, forward thinking and able to lead developments sensitively
What the school offers its staff
- To become part of, and lead, an experienced talented and collaborative team of staff
- Well behaved, motivated and enthusiastic pupils who are excited about their learning
- The support of a committed governing body
- A rich, diverse and successful extra-curricular provision
- The opportunity to develop your leadership skills and experience
- A positive, friendly and attractive work environment
- Access to the Local Authority induction programme for Headteachers
Further details about the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become the Headteacher of Stretham Community Primary School – currently rated by Ofsted as Good – to lead it into the next stage of its development. The successful candidate will work closely with pupils, parents, staff and governors to continue our success as a thriving and community focussed school. You will be committed to our shared ambition of achieving the best for all members of the school community, fully supported by a skilled and dedicated staff. We are looking for an inspirational, energetic, courageous and creative leader who will lead by example.
Why choose Stretham Community Primary School?
From the moment you walk into our school, you will find a thriving, friendly and caring environment, and the whole school community works hard to give the children meaningful and stimulating learning experiences.
You will have a strong passion for outstanding teaching and learning, with a keenness to lead a school that is exciting in its enriched curriculum. You will be committed to an outward-looking school that further develops relations with the local community and partnerships with other schools to share best practice.
To apply for this role, please download and complete the application form. Email your application with a covering letter setting out why your skills and experience make you a desirable candidate for this position, with reference to the Person Specification detailed in the Headteacher Recruitment Pack.
We encourage all applicants to make a school visit, which can be arranged by contacting the school office on 01353 649271 or email email@example.com
Completed application forms should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing dates for applications: 6pm, Friday 2nd June
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Stretham Community Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 163 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01353 649271
We are a dynamic, inclusive and diverse one form entry primary school located in the village of Stretham. Situated 4 miles south of Ely and 11 miles north of Cambridge we are well placed to offer the opportunity to be part of village life with great opportunities and easy travel on the doorstep. We are a caring school with respectful children who are happy and enthusiastic learners, taught by a team of highly skilled and committed staff.
Arranging a visit to Stretham Community Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Assistant Head Teacher - Maternity Cover
The Bishop's Church of England Primary Academy
Canterbury Way, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 1EB
Director of Education (Primary) – Unity Schools Partnership
Unity Schools Partnership
Park Road, Haverhill, CB9 7YD
Lime Academy Forest Approach
Settle Road, Romford, Essex, RM3 9YA
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough