The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate a clear vision in maintaining and developing our school in partnership with the staff, governors, parents and the local authority
- Lead, manage and motivate staff and pupils
- Understand and be able to model exceptional teaching practice, inspiring and supporting others to improve
- Maintain and develop a collaborative partnership with local school and networks
- Raise standards of attainment and achievement for all pupils
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Understand the importance of our school being at the heart of the community
- Be committed to supporting a culture of inclusivity throughout the school
- Ensure the efficient and effective management of the budget and all resources within the school
- Demonstrate a proven track record in school leadership, management and school improvement
We are a one form entry primary school and, in addition to the mainstream classes, we have three specialist resource base classes for pupils with speech, language and communication difficulties and complex needs.
Located in the Studley Green area of Trowbridge, the school is surrounded by large grounds and has its own woodland.
Our most recent OFSTED inspection was carried out in September 2021, and the school was rated as Good in all of the key judgements.
Due to the retirement of our current Head Teacher, the Governors are seeking a passionate and inspirational leader to work with our experienced, committed and enthusiastic team to build and further develop our successful school, continuing our drive forward to whole school improvement.
The outgoing Headteacher leaves the school in a very strong position, and we are looking for someone who will uphold our school values of respect, kindness, positivity, resilience, responsibility and honesty, and provide a challenging and experience-rich education, ensuring our children thrive to reach ‘beyond expectation’.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps