Job Start: September 2023
Contract Type:Full Time
Salary: L29 to L35
Contract Term: Permanent
The Avon Valley School is seeking an inspirational Headteacher who aspires to develop young people into well-educated, thoughtful, articulate, confident and responsible members of society. The post is available due to the retirement of our current Headteacher after a successful 9-year tenure.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a model of high professional standards in all aspects of school life
- Lead by example in sharing in the effective and efficient daily management of the school
- Maintain a high level of visibility around the school
- Demonstrate a passion for education and for raising standards
- Promote and maintain positive and respectful relationships between all members of the school community, staff and students
- Be able to evidence a critical, collaborative and reflective approach to implementing change
- Have the ability to inspire the confidence of students, parents, carers and colleagues through enthusiasm and commitment to the role
- Have an ambitious mind-set, professional stamina and a moral commitment to raising standards for all students, particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds and those with SEND
- Understand how supporting colleagues and their professional development can raise standards.
The Avon Valley School can offer you:
- An oversubscribed school with an excellent reputation within the community for both academic and pastoral development
- A committed and stable staff
- A well-resourced school, with state of the art facilities in the Performing Arts, ICT, and Sport
- An ambitious and forward-thinking ethos
- A vision driven by a commitment to academic rigour, community cohesion, social justice and inclusivity
- An extensive CPD programme with excellent in-house and external training opportunities
- Employee benefits such as ‘cycle to work’ scheme and Wellbeing support
Closing date: Midday Monday 6th February 2023
Interviews to be held:Thursday 16th & Friday 17th February 2023
Interested candidates are invited to contact Fiona Perks, PA to the Headteacher (email@example.com) to schedule a visit.
If this opportunity inspires you, and you would like to join our aspirational school, you can apply by downloading the application pack from our website: www.avonvalleyschool.uk
Alternatively, please contact the school’s HR administrator: Marianne Pearson - firstname.lastname@example.org to have a pack emailed or posted-out to you.
The Avon Valley School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps