£55,610-£69,031 (L12-L21 )
The Board of Members are looking for a dynamic and driven leader who, in partnership with the Leadership team, children and parents, will play a significant role in the continued success and ongoing development of our school.
Our children are looking for a Headteacher who will:
• Be part of our kind and helpful school family
• Smile, laugh, giggle and not be angry
• Be proud of all children and praise hard work
• Be busy, but not too busy to know us, know our names and want to see us
• Look after us and the school and tell teachers what to do
The Board of Members and school team are looking for a leader who:
• Is an outstanding primary practitioner, committed to engaging the ‘whole child’ through creative and engaging learning experiences within an enhanced curriculum
• Has high expectations and is passionate about ensuring that each child is encouraged to achieve their very best and fulfil their unique potential
• Is forward thinking with ambitious aspirations and not afraid to deliver and embed new initiatives and lead by example. Someone willing to contribute ideas and incorporate their vision to shape the direction of an existing planned investment project for the outside area in EYFS, as well as decisions on how other project funding is spent.
• Can demonstrate a proven record of successful leadership and an ability to think strategically and act practically to promote continued school improvement
• Can demonstrate professionalism, trustworthiness and warmth and build collaborative relationships with academy staff, governors, parents and other professional services
• Is a confident and positive communicator with the ability to enthuse, empower and inspire the academy team to provide the very best educational experience for pupils of all abilities.
• Is understanding, caring, fair, sees the best in others and values their ideas and contributions
• Is keen to further develop their knowledge and skills, open to advice and guidance and willing to work in partnership with other schools and professionals
• Has the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of the academy.
In return we are offering:
• Friendly, happy and motivated children who flourish in the atmosphere of engaging, exciting learning opportunities and who love learning
• A safe, supportive and nurturing environment within a well-resourced academy
• A team of hard working, experienced, fun and caring professionals who have high expectations of themselves and all children
• A strong, highly supportive and ambitious Board of Members and Trustees with a clear sense of strategic direction
• A commitment to supporting your continued professional development and opportunities to further your professional qualifications
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate pre-employment checks which will include references from previous employers, confirmation of the right to work in the UK, and relevant DBS and prohibition checks. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory returns.
Applying for the job
Please apply for this job using the Academy Application Form and include a supporting statement of no more than 2 sides, giving a summary of your experience, the impact you have had in your current/recent roles and how you would seek to work to sustain and improve standards for all our young children.
Please address your application to Gareth Day, Chair of the Board of Members, and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information packs detailing the application process can be obtained from the Academy Office or via the academy website. https://www.hillcrestearlyyearsacademy.co.uk/vacancies
270 pupils enrolled
2 to 7
About The Gainsborough Hillcrest Early Years Academy
Hillcrest Early Years Academy in Gainsborough is a happy, friendly, fun school with a supporting and caring atmosphere that places the children at the centre of everything we do. As a 2-7 school that converted to independent academy status in 2012, being part of a community is very important to us. We are a popular choice with parents and pride ourselves on the generations of young pupils who have enjoyed a highly positive and successful educational experience. Our valued and long serving Headteacher of 23 years has recently retired and an exciting opportunity is now available for a new Headteacher with the ambition, vision, creativity and skill set to build on the school’s many outstanding strengths.
Arranging a visit to The Gainsborough Hillcrest Early Years Academy
Visits to our school are strongly encouraged and will be conducted adhering to COVID safe guidelines. If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Gareth Day via the Academy Office. In the absence of a current serving Headteacher in situ, visits will be welcomed by contacting the Business Manager, Gemma Goodall, on 01427 613483 to plan your visit. Should visits be requested after the school day, this will be available on Tuesday 30th March. Please note, the Academy will close for the Easter holiday on Thursday 1st April and will reopen on Monday 19th April.