Full time - Required to start 1st September 2024 - Number on Roll 32
We are a Nurturing & inclusive school, proud of our many and varied successes and would like to appoint a dynamic and inspirational leader to drive the school forward in the next stage of its development following the retirement of our current Headteacher.
Our school motto “Nurturing Achievement” is at the heart of all we do and our child centred curriculum is designed to assess and then build on what a pupil already knows.
Holy Brook School is a Good School (Ofsted Oct 2019) for pupils with Social Emotional & Mental Health difficulties. We are situated in Southcote, Reading with excellent transport links to the rest of Berkshire, Oxfordshire & London via the M4 corridor.
The Governors are looking to appoint an individual who:
- is an experienced, compassionate, and inspirational leader with a clear vision, high expectations and who leads by example
- is passionate about children’s wellbeing and keen to see all children inspired to succeed
- uses resources, creativity, innovation and reflection in order to be successful
- is a team player, with excellent interpersonal skills, who ensures everyone is included and supported
- has highly developed people skills and previous experience in leading teams effectively.
- has a successful track record of planning for improvement with real impact, and a firm understanding of effective monitoring of teaching and learning
- is an outstanding teacher with excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- has capacity to lead, inspire, empower and motivate others, with a track record of enacting positive change through effective coaching and mentoring
- has experience of designing a curriculum that is challenging and engaging.
- has the skills to foster an outstanding learning environment for all
- has the ability to communicate, develop, promote and maintain links with all stakeholders
You will have:
- a passion for inclusive education
- experience as a senior leader
- varied experience of and a proven track record of teaching and learning across the primary age range
- energy and infectious enthusiasm to help every child succeed
- a flexible approach to work
- emotional & physical resilience
- ambition for yourself and all in the school
In return we can offer you:
- a supportive Governing body
- a staff team, dedicated to the education & wellbeing of our pupils
- support from Brighter Futures for Children’s, School effectiveness team
- network opportunities with local leaders & Headteachers
- Employee Assistance programme
- Team Reading Rewards – Offers & discounts for employees
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to help the school to achieve its aspirations as it moves forward. We wish to appoint an experienced, motivated and passionate leader who can inspire others to grow and develop to their full potential.
We would love to hear from you, and welcome visits to see the life of our school.
Please do not send a CV, for the purposes of equal opportunities we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
For an application pack or to arrange a visit, please call the school on 0118 937 5489 or email the school office:
Visit the school website to find out more: www.holybrook.reading.sch.uk
Closing date: 21st January 2024
Shortlisting: 23rd January 2024
Interviews: 29th & 30th January 2024
Visits: Via appointment only on 15th or 17th January 2024
Holy Brook School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.