Are you looking for a unique opportunity to lead a small school with a desire to improve outcomes for all pupils? Upton St James is a small school in Torquay serving a diverse community. The school is seeking a new Headteacher following three years of successful leadership by the outgoing Head, who is now progressing to further study in academia.
For this exciting opportunity, we are particularly interested to hear from experienced senior leaders who would relish the opportunity to serve a community with a high level of disadvantaged pupils.
The current Headteacher has served the school well which is now ready for a new leader to build on the firm foundations established over this period. The brilliant children at Upton experience a secure curriculum and exhibit good behaviour, and are seeking a new Headteacher to take the school to the next level. Having the highest aspirations for all pupils in terms of progress, attainment and their wider outcomes will be essential. You would be well supported by an Assistant Headteacher and a Senior Teacher, both of whom bring great expertise to their roles.
As a Trust we value the unique identity of each school and our leaders are empowered to development this and forge strong links with the community. St Christopher’s Trust will also support you every step of the way, whether this is your first Headship or as an experienced leader. We will walk alongside you to ensure you have all the tools you need to do the best job you can and actively advantage all our children at Upton St James. As a Headteacher within St Christopher’s you will also have access to a suite of professional development opportunities and the chance to work collaboratively across our network of Headteachers.
We are looking for an individual who will:
· Be a calm and clear leader that demonstrates relentless positivity
· Courageously advocate for every member of the school community
· Commit to developing a highly inclusive practice that removes barriers to learning
· Further develop the curriculum to widen horizons and broaden perspectives
· Hold a mindset that ‘we are stronger together’ and commit to working collaboratively
· Be willing to support and develop our strong Christian ethos
We will offer you:
· A well resourced school with a broad curriculum
· Enthusiastic children with dedicated and committed staff, open to learning and change
· Inspired, motivated and independent learners
· A welcoming school community with an excellent range of established local partnerships
· A supportive Trust community that facilitates a focus on teaching and learning
· The opportunity to join an employer with an ambitious people strategy that develops your leadership career, accompanied by a regular coaching or supervision offer
· A thorough induction programme specifically tailored to your needs and experience
· A range of staff benefits (HR Administrator to list please).
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, for all shortlisted applicants. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Please visit the below website for our Trust policies and our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post. Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance.
This job post has expired.