£49,019 - £56,721 FTE (this will be paid pro-rata according to hours and weeks worked)
This position provides an exciting and unique opportunity for a person with a proven, successful track record in a senior leadership role. You will work in a highly supportive team both at Ashleigh and across the Trust. Ashleigh is a values driven school community putting respect, aspiration, service, forgiveness, hope and compassion at the heart of its work; there is a shared commitment in this community to ensure that everyone works together to be the best they can be.
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- have proven success in whole school leadership and management
- be innovative, determined and driven to constantly seek improvement for the children and communities that we serve
- have the vision and skill to maximize the resources of the school
- continue to drive improvements in curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment
- be able to demonstrate highly accurate and effective communication skills
We can offer:
- the opportunity to lead an improving school as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
- a Trust which cares about its staff and keeps the well-being of children at the heart of its work
- supportive and collaborative colleagues, committed to improving outcomes for its students
- a highly supportive governance model
- the support of experienced leaders at all levels
This is a full-time, permanent position working 1.0 FTE, 39 weeks per year.
Closing date for application: Tuesday 20th April 2021 at 12 noon.
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 26th April 2021.
Post start date: September 2021.
Applying for the job
Our recruitment pack gives further details of the post, the recruitment process and an overview of the wider Trust. We hope you will be inspired to apply for this exciting opportunity. To apply for this role please submit your application online; your supporting statement should outline your suitability for the post.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England
247 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Ashleigh CofE Primary School
Ashleigh Church of England Primary School is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools who actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, we offer excellent career and development opportunities.
Barnstaple is the social centre of North Devon. As one of the UK’s oldest boroughs, it has a rich history with a wealth of things to see and do. There are family-friendly attractions, a bustling high street with a range of big brand shops, traditional family businesses and access to some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK. Within easy travelling distance of the North Devon Coast, an area of national beauty, there is a wide range of activities available, from walking some of the most beautiful cliff paths on the British coast to more extreme water sports for the more adventurous.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
Arranging a visit to Ashleigh CofE Primary School
Visits to the school will only be by prior arrangement due to Covid restrictions. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit, phone call or for further information.