Wellington Place Primary School
Discovery Schools Trust will run the 210-pupil newly named
Wellington Place Primary School, which is currently under construction off
Airfield Road on the William Davis’ Airfield Farm housing estate. Discovery
Schools Trust very much wishes the education experience at Wellington Place to
be designed with pupils at its heart; giving pupils the tools to become active
citizens through their exploration of meaningful experiences, exploring the
past, the present day, and how their learning could impact the future.
The Local Authority wishes to open the new schools’ doors in
a phased approach beginning in September 2024, in time for the new academic
Headteacher based at Wellington Place Primary School
Are you looking to work in an exciting forward thinking and
dynamic school where the children are at the heart of everything we do? Then we
may have just the job for you!
Discovery that are leading the way in a truly self-improving school
system. This is an opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual who is
looking to develop and grow in their career.
This post is
an opportunity for us to recruit a Headteacher who has the ability and ambition
to take the school to the next stage of its journey. We are looking for someone who
shares our values and ambitions and has the vision, drive, resilience, and
experience to build on our success to date. You will be outward-facing and able to
share and learn from research whilst knowing when to develop new initiatives.
The Headteacher will work closely with the Director of Primary, being deployed one day a week delivering school improvement and Trust strategy work. With the Trust growing in size, there will be the opportunity to develop the role and contribute more widely to the Trust as a whole, we therefore are looking for a leader with an excellent leadership track record, a desire for system wide leadership and an established understanding of effective school improvement.
The right candidate will:
- Be a highly capable, strategic thinker with a clear vision to lead the school to further success and a proven track record for delivering positive outcomes.
- Possess an unrelenting focus to maximise student attainment, progress and achievement.
- Be an enthusiastic, collaborative and innovative leader with the willingness to understand the team and achieve the best from them including the professional development of all colleagues.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with children, parents, school and Trust colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Share and positively promote our school and trust values and be approachable, supportive and passionate about the well-being of pupils and colleagues alike.
- Lead by example demonstrating a commitment to high standards of teaching and learning and ensure consistent and excellent learning opportunities for all children.
- Have the ability to share and learn from best practice, including the use of appropriate research-based evidence.
What we offer:
- A peer network of like-minded Headteachers.
- A career structure for talented Headteachers.
- Recognition that all schools are unique, with an approach that encourages local accountability and governance that is responsive to community needs.
- A commitment to excellence in education, grounded in a shared moral purpose of ensuring high-quality provision for all learners.
- An established track record of high-quality education and experience of leading rapid school improvement.
- An employer committed to offering all staff high quality professional development opportunities, shared resources and expertise.
- Effective business management systems, ensuring that our academies are able to focus on delivering inspirational teaching and learning.
- A great partnership with the local diocese.
- Free car parking.
- Annual incremental pay increases with the pay scale range.
- A defined benefit pension scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP.
- Employee self service portal.
- Eyecare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
- Benefits and discount scheme, such as gym discounts and dental care.
We would expect and encourage potential candidates to visit us at school informally. Please contact David Briggs or Paul Stone, to arrange a visit before the application deadline.
Telephone: 07855 822376
Paul Stone: CEO, DSAT
Telephone: 07870 194191
Safeguarding Statement: Discovery Schools Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidate invited to interview will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring service (DBS) check and references will be sought prior to the interview taking place.
This job post has expired.