Our school and pre-school have a well-established culture based on the values of kindness, integrity and hard work. Coupled with a clear and focused approach to curriculum, every member of the school community strives to ‘keep on getting better.’ We passionately believe it is our duty to ensure every child develops personally, and socially; and every child understands and learns carefully selected core knowledge within each subject discipline. We aim for our pupils to leave Willingham Primary School with the knowledge and skills to enable them to excel at secondary school, so they have the best possible chance of a happy and fulfilling life.
As well as having an opportunity to continue the school’s development of our knowledge-rich curriculum, our new Headteacher will share our belief that pedagogical approaches should be research-led. Our curriculum and classroom practices are based in the principles of cognitive psychology, to give every one of our pupils the opportunities not just to cover the curriculum, but to learn the curriculum, right from their starting point in our on-site pre-school, Honeypot.
You will take on the leadership of a group of motivated staff, who are committed to learning themselves, to ensure that they are best placed to give our pupils the best education possible. We, the pre-school and primary school, are looking for an individual who will live our values, inspire us, challenge us and support us in bettering our provision and practice. Building from our existing strong foundation, you will have the energy and drive to further engage and transform the lives of the children in Willingham.
Why choose Willingham Primary School?
- We focus on what works, not on what has always been done.
- Wellbeing and workload are high priorities to ensure an engaged and motivated staff.
- Our warm/strict behaviour curriculum sets us apart; it enables teachers to teach and all our pupils to learn.
- We have a traditional, broad subject-based curriculum.
- We seek expert advice and are evidence-informed when refining our incredible, knowledge-based curriculum and pedagogies; it is normal practice to read academic articles in our professional development meetings.
- We listen to ideas/opinions and welcome challenge - our focus is always on continued improvement.
- We have a renewed, strong focus on the SEMH needs of our pupils, ensuring our provision is excellent for all aspects of child development.
- We have access to excellent partnerships, who support and challenge our thinking.
Take a moment to read our recent Ofsted report to find out more about us. June 2023 Ofsted
If you want to lead and further develop a highly aspirational school with a fabulous group of motivated staff and pupils, we want to hear from you.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged; if not possible, a Zoom meeting can be arranged. Please use the contact details provided to arrange.
More information on our school can be found on our website www.willingham.cambs.sch.uk
This appointment is subject to Enhanced DBS Check, Barred List Checks, Section 128 checks and two positive references.
In line with guidance from the Safer Recruitment Consortium, an online search will be completed for all shortlisted candidates.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday 22nd January 2024
Short Listing: 24th January 2024
Interviews: 30th and 31st January 2024
This job post has expired.