Health and Social Care Teacher
This post is required from 1st September 2020 and is suitable for both NQTs and more experienced qualified teachers.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and committed teacher of Health and Social Care to teach across Key Stage 4 and 5. The ability to offer a second subject in Sociology or Psychology would be desirable, but not essential. The successful candidate will join a highly committed team dedicated to raising achievement and transforming learning.
We welcome colleagues who relish sharing their skills and ideas, and want to contribute to the development of the department and the Academy as a whole.
The successful applicant will be extremely well organised, energetic and willing to 'go the extra mile'. They will be focused on the attainment of all pupils, accepting no excuses for under achievement. A commitment to extra-curricular and curriculum enrichment activities is essential.
We would love to hear from you if you:
Are passionate about teaching
Can deliver the curriculum across KS4 and KS5 to all ability levels
Able to differentiate BTEC materials and teach exam based unit
The ability to offer a second subject in Sociology or Psychology (but not essential)
Has a background knowledge of Biology, Health and Social Care Services and current provision/legislations (but not essential)
Can build positive and productive working relationships with staff, pupils and parents.
Can deliver a creative and innovative approach to teaching, and is able to deliver outstanding teaching and learning.
Are committed to making learning a challenging, exciting and worthwhile activity for our youngsters.
Enjoy working with young people, with high expectations and can unlock potential
Are ambitious and welcome professional development opportunities such as OSCA or standardisation via Edexcel/Pearson.
Show organisation and the ability to complete necessary assessment documentation and information needed for record keeping.
Are prepared to develop through CPD.
Have a good sense of humour
Work well in a team.
Haberdashers' Abraham Darby is an 11-18 mixed school which opened in 2008. We are part of the Haberdashers' Adams’ Federation linked with Haberdashers’ Adams in Newport. We are located within a short distance from the picturesque River Severn and Ironbridge Gorge. Moving into a new state of the art, technology rich building in July 2012, our facilities and working environment are excellent.
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate degree in relevant subjects
A levels in relevant subjects
GCSE Maths and English
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Qualified Health and Social Care teacher - see application pack for further details and person spec
• A friendly and supportive environment
• The opportunity to work with motivated students, supportive parents and dedicated staff
• A location close to main line railway services, road networks and M54 and M6 motorways
• The opportunity to be part of the Haberdashers' Adams' Federation Trust (HAFT), with links to Haberdashers’ Adams Grammar School in Newport
• Opportunity to work in a new state of the art school building
• Regular CPD opportunities
• Internal promotional opportunities
• Our own free staff carpark
• Dedicated staff work bases
• Dedicated staffroom including free tea and coffee facilities
• Free flu vaccinations
• Discounted membership at the adjourning leisure complex, with swimming pool and gym
• Staff social clubs
• Opportunities to become involved in Sport, Performing Arts and other recreational activities
• Promoting staff well-being
About Haberdashers Abraham Darby
Haberdashers’ Abraham Darby is a vibrant, 11-18 mixed school which opened as a new Academy in September 2008 as part of the Haberdashers’ Adams’ Federation Trust; a thriving partnership with Haberdashers’ Adams school in Newport. A focus on traditional values and high expectations is resulting in rapidly rising standards and popularity as a school of first choice. We are located within a short distance from the picturesque River Severn and Ironbridge Gorge. We moved into our new state of the art building in July 2012 and both pupils and staff are benefitting from a 21st century ICT rich learning environment and a superb leisure complex.
- Ironbridge Road, Telford, Shropshire, TF7 5HX
- Haberdashers Abraham Darby website (opens in a new window)