Health & Social Care Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Highams Park School, London, Essex
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £27,594 to £43,347|
Health and Social Care Teacher
Salary: Outer London MPS / UPS £27,594 – £43,347
From October 2019
Highams Park School is looking to appoint a talented and inspirational teacher of Health and Social Care who will have the opportunity join the Social Science Department in a successful and well-respected school with a large Sixth Form. This role would be suitable for an NQT or a teacher with experience.
Highams Park School is a highly successful and heavily oversubscribed local 11-18 comprehensive with approximately 1600 students on roll including approximately 400 in the 6th Form. In the most recent 2017 OFSTED inspection report the school was judged to be good. The school has an excellent reputation in the local area and students now enjoy the new 6th form building which opened in September 2017. The school is a converter Academy.
The successful candidate will join a well-resourced and vibrant Social Science Department which is housed in its own teaching block with excellent facilities. This is a great opportunity to develop teaching skills within a friendly, well qualified and organised department which achieves excellent results. Social Sciences subjects have a large uptake at both GCSE and A Level.
Please email the school on email@example.com Mrs Sharon Croft, HR Manager, or go to our website to find out more. Please complete our application form (download from website) www.highamsparkschool.co.uk and return by midday Friday 20 September 2019 with a view to interviewing the week commencing 30 September 2019.
To teach Health and Social Care
MAIN (CORE) DUTIES
Teaching Health and Social Care KS4 and KS5
General teaching duties as expected for a Classroom Teacher.
Teaching and Learning
1. Organise and manage an appropriate learning environment.
2. Contribute to the department’s bank of resources for the teaching of Health and Social Care and assist in the production of materials which differentiates between students of all abilities and levels.
3. Select and prepare resources necessary to deliver learning activities, taking account of students’ interests and languages and cultural backgrounds.
4. Contribute to the drawing up, evaluation and reviewing of Schemes of Work in relation to Key Stages 4 & 5.
5. Work effectively with colleagues, providing support and help as required.
6. Build positive working relationships with students in your care, implementing the school’s rewards and sanctions consistently.
Assessment, Recording and Reporting
1. Maintain records of achievement and progress of all students in accordance with statutory requirements and departmental policy.
2. Mark and return work set, including homework, in line with school and departmental policy.
3. Adhere to the school’s Assessment and Marking Policy.
4. Complete student data entry and reports in line with school policy.
5. Attend Parents’ Evenings as required and keep students and parents informed about current performance and ways in which to improve.
1. Undertake responsibility for a Tutor Group including Registration, Small Group Tutorials and the delivery of PSHE/ Citizenship.
2. Monitor and set targets for the social and academic progress of all students in the Tutor Group.
3. Endeavour to build up a good relationship with the students in the Tutor Group so that they will look to you for support and advice.
Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Principal.
Essential educational requirements
Degree of other appropriate qualification
Teaching Qualification with QTS
Essential skills and experience
Ability to teach across Key Stages, 4, 5
A good understanding of curriculum developments.
The ability to enthuse and motive the Student.
|School size||1489 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Highams Park School website (opens in a new window)|
34 Handsworth Avenue, London, Essex, E4 9PJ