HLTA - Bearbrook Den
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced and inspirational Higher Level Teaching Assistant within our newly established SEND Unit, specialising in education for children with Communication and Interaction difficulties. We are looking for a strong practitioner who has knowledge and understanding of national priorities, current curriculum development and an ability to use, design and implement a range of interventions and supportive approaches to help children with identified SEND. They will have an understanding of the SEND Code of Practice and the essential processes needed for successful SEND support and Inclusion within a primary school and has evidence of continuing professional development relevant to the role.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR A PERSON WHO:
- A person who thrives professionally as part of a strong team.
- Is an excellent communicator with children with SEND, parents/carers, and colleagues.
- Can adapt learning successfully for children with complex SEND needs.
- Is self-motivated, proactive, and well-organised.
- Will promote the vision and culture that supports the school’s SEND policy.
- Is inclusive and promotes good outcomes for pupils with SEND.
- Sustains our nurturing environment, where staff and children’s well-being and mental health is a priority.
- Has a passion and drive to make a difference to our children’s learning, progress, and social development.
- Is committed to sharing and championing our school vision and values.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.