Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Deadline is tomorrow
Start date details
As soon as possible
24 March 2023 at 9am
10 March 2023
- Higher level teaching assistant
- View all Part timejobs - Permanent, 32 hours per week, Term-Time Only
- Actual salary in the region of £23,079 - £25,448 per annum
What skills and experience we're looking for
Key requirements for this role include:
- Experience of working with young people with C&I and SEMH difficulties in a learning environment
- Ability to organise, lead and motivate students
- The ability to establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Good organisational and communication skills, accurate record keeping
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE grade A-C)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work flexibly, independently and seek out resources as required
- Ability to demonstrate close working with both teaching and non-teaching staff
What the school offers its staff
Faringdon Community College (FCC), a successful and well-established 11-18 co-educational secondary comprehensive school Faringdon Community College is looking to recruit a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to work with students with Special Educational Needs in the Nurture Space within the SEN Department (the Bridge).
Further details about the role
The post holder will work predominantly with students with Communication and Interaction and Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs and will support the SENCo with the management and development of the Nurture Space provision within school. This will involve supporting students to regulate and return to lessons where possible or to complete work within the Nurture Space.
The post holder will establish positive working relationships with students, supporting students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs. The role will involve planning, preparing and delivering suitable learning activities for students in English, Maths and Science in liaison with subject teachers. It will also involve monitoring, assessing, recording and reporting on pupil’s achievement, progress and development. You will take a leading role in the SEN Review process for identified students. This will include developing and implementing individual education plans, assisting the SENCo and Inclusion Managers with recording, sharing and monitoring.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Faringdon Community College
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1396 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Faringdon Community College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01367 240628
Faringdon Community College (FCC) is a successful and well-established 11-18 co-educational secondary comprehensive school.
Arranging a visit to Faringdon Community College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Recruitment@faringdonlearningtrust.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Oxfordshire