- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Fixed term (2 Years initially but with the potential to extend)
Annual or full time equivalent salary
- FTE Bucks Pay Range 2 scale 11 £20,258 to Pay range 3 scale 17 £23,634
- FTE based on 37 hours per week, 52 weeks p.a.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant job summary
The successful candidate will:
Plan and deliver high quality learning experiences across the school age range (Age 3-11)
• Have high expectations of learning and behaviour to inspire and motivate our children
• Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations
• Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
• Communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as pupils
• Show initiative, be dependable and work closely with staff as part of a team
• Be willing to contribute to school life outside of the classroom
• Be prepared to plan and cover for teachers PPA, leadership, SENDCO time and supply cover when necessary
• Support our SEN and pupil premium pupils learning through interventions and small group support
• Be fully supportive of the strong Christian vision, values and ethos of the school
In return you will receive:
• Excellent professional development from ODBST
• The opportunity to gain experience across EYFS/Nursery, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
• The opportunity to teach whole classes, small groups and support a range of pupils
• The support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues and governors
• A supportive and challenging learning environment
• Pupils who are well behaved and love to learn, a real credit to the school
• Supportive parents and members of the community
Applying for the job
Applications to be made using the ODBST application form on the School website. This can be found on the vacancies page.
More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Great Horwood Church of England School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 78 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Great Horwood School is a warm welcoming learning community where children and staff "learn and grow together" with a commitment to high achievement and raising the standards of all. We expect our children to demonstrate our school values and a caring attitude to each other and their environment and in return we value the special contribution of every child.
We belong to ODBST a Multi-Academy trust in family of 12 schools. The close co-operation and commitment that exists between all members of the school community is a strength of the school. We have hard working and dedicated staff with a supportive Governing Body and PTA.
Arranging a visit to Great Horwood Church of England School
For a tour of the school and to meet the staff and children please contact the school office by email or telephone to arrange an appointment.