The Governing Body of Hillborough Infant and Nursery School is seeking to appoint an experienced, adaptable, motivated and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant. We would like to provide additional support to raise pupil attainment and offer a fixed term contract for one academic year. Hillborough Infant and Nursery School is Ofsted rated Good, with pupils who are keen to learn.
We can offer:
- A supportive, enthusiastic and friendly team;
- Children who are well behaved and want to learn;
- A refurbished wellbeing/SEN room;
- Newly upgraded IT infrastructure and ongoing investment in IT;
- Commitment to your own professional development;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Health and Wellbeing package.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing cover for PPA, NQT time and other cover as and when needed across all year groups. You will work with and contribute to planning and delivering teaching & learning for whole classes, small groups and individuals to deliver and support the teaching of the school curriculum.
The successful applicant:
- Can plan and deliver high quality lessons;
- Has experience of lesson planning & monitoring pupil progress;
- Has experience of teaching, individuals, groups and whole classes;
- Can support the needs of individuals and groups of children;
- Demonstrate high expectations of pupil attainment, progress and behaviour;
- Motivate and inspire children, offering both challenge and enjoyment;
- Has excellent classroom management;
- Can lead and manage teaching assistants in year groups;
- Can take responsibility for a given area dependent on expertise and experience;
- Can maintain and enhance the school’s high standards;
- Work effectively as part of a team;
- Has a positive attitude, be flexible, enthusiastic with good communication skills;
- Be adaptable to a changing school environment;
- Be proactive and able to use initiative.
This is a fixed term post of a year and is to provide additional support.
Please visit our school website: https://www.hillboroughinfants.co.uk/
All applications must be made through MyNewTerm:
Successful applicants may be called to interview before the closing date so early applications are encouraged.
Closing date: 15th October 2023
Initial shortlisting: 16th October 2023
Interviews: w/c 23rdOctober 2023
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.