Teacher, SEN specialist, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (1 year in the first instance)
NJC Scale 4, points 7-11 £17,109.14 to £18,519.29 (actual)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic HLTA to join the English and Humanities departments providing valuable additional support and capacity within the Faculties.
Specifically the HLTA will:
• Increase skilled support within the Faculties.
• Work in partnership with teaching staff to raise the learning and attainment of students.
• Support teaching staff to assess student needs and progress and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support learning and promote student independence, self-esteem and social inclusion.
• Give support to students, individually or in groups, so they can access the curriculum, take part in learning and experience a sense of achievement.
• Provide priority support for Pupil Premium students who have additional needs not met by an EHCP.
• Provide EHCP support where required.
• Provide cover for absent Teachers within the departments where required.
• Provide cover for absent Teaching Assistants where required.
• Provide support to the Heads of Faculty.
• Have the flexibility to undertake a small number of timetabled lessons where required for an additional payment.
Instructor hours payable at Teacher Payscales
Applying for the job
Further details including the job description for the role and application forms are available from our website at www.st-georges-academy.org. More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
2168 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About St George's Academy
St George’s Academy is a large, successful, 11-18 mixed secondary school of 2,200 students (including 380 in the sixth form and 470 on our Ruskington Campus) with outstanding facilities in all areas. The Academy serves Sleaford, Ruskington and the surrounding Lincolnshire villages.
Arranging a visit to St George's Academy
Unfortunately we are unable to give you a physical tour of our campuses, however please find below a link to our virtual tours.