- Fixed term (12 months fixed term contract to 31 August 2023)
- £21,748 to £23,080 pro rata depending on experience (£11.27 to £11.96 ph)
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) - KS2 job summary
This is an exciting time to join HCPS. We are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Higher-Level Teaching Assistant who will join the KS2 team forming positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents and uphold the strong, caring ethos and inclusive environment of our friendly and popular school.
The role involves teaching classes in KS2 during periods of short-term absence and release cover. You will also provide support to raise standards of achievement for all pupils by working with individuals or groups of pupils when whole class cover is not required.
There may be an opportunity for permanent hours from September 2023.
We are a 3-form entry school with 480 pupils on roll and 52 children in our nursery at the heart of the beautiful market town of Hadleigh.
Our highly successful school has a community feel to it and has continued to build on many years’ success. Ofsted rated us as ‘Good’ in our most recent inspection (July 2021). We are continually striving to improve and develop our curriculum whilst offering a range of experiences to our pupils. We are looking for staff who will continue to strive to ‘Reach for the Stars’ for our pupils.
• Have the HLTA qualification or equivalent experience of working in a primary school setting
• Have experience of delivering whole class teaching and/or supervising whole classes
• Understand and support the principles of inclusion for all pupils
• Have experience of classroom management
• Be able to model excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Have a good understanding of how children learn
• Be flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the children
• Be committed to raising standards
• Be able to liaise closely with teachers
We can offer:
• A happy, friendly, vibrant primary school of 530 motivated and positive learners whose 'behaviour in classrooms and around school is exemplary' (July 2021 Ofsted Inspection)
• A lively and supportive staff team
• An inclusive and caring ethos
• Support from teaching staff and subject leaders in lesson planning
• A wide range of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) opportunities
• Access to a national Employee Assistance Programme
• Access to a £1 hot school lunch which is prepared and cooked in house
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hadleigh Community Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 474 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Hadleigh Community Primary School is situated in the town of Hadleigh, Suffolk, which is a semi-rural community of currently some 9,000. The original school was built in 1904 and over the years there have been many additions.
The school has rapidly expanded over the last few years and is now a 3 form entry school. Currently the number on roll is 480 plus 52 children in the Nursery. There are three classes in every year group. All classes are in discrete year groups. We run Forest School sessions in our lovely outdoor space.
Hadleigh Community Primary School has a well established reputation in the community for providing a caring and welcoming environment, a good education and many opportunities for children to extend their interests. There are high expectations of work and behaviour for all the school community and everyone is encouraged to work as a team and to be supportive and responsive to each other.
Arranging a visit to Hadleigh Community Primary School
We would welcome visits to our school and this is strongly encouraged. These will be carried out in line with the school's current Covid safety measures. Please contact the school office on 01473 822161 or email AskUs@hadcps.uk to arrange an appointment.
For an informal discussion only, please speak with Mr Dadds, Deputy Head on (01473) 822161.
Interviews are scheduled for 28 June 2022.