- Fixed term (1 year in the first instance)
Annual or full time equivalent salary
- Grade 5 (£23,953 to £26,446 FTE)
- £20,487 to £22,620 (with under 5 years’ service)
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) job summary
Post: Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Contract type: 37 hours/39 weeks
Contract term: Fixed Term, Ending 31 August 2023
Salary: Grade 5 (£23,953 to £26,446 FTE)
Pro Rata Salary: £20,487 to £22,620 (with under 5 years’ service)
Commencement Date: September 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic HLTA to join our hardworking and supportive team. We are an outstanding school who always work hard to make our practice as good as it possibly can be for all the children.
The successful candidate should be an enthusiastic and knowledgeable HLTA, keen to work in partnership with current staff and able to work under instruction as well as having the ability to use their initiative. They will challenge and excite our children and have the ability to consistently deliver high quality learning experiences. Imaginative and committed, they should have passion for the role, high standards of professionalism and high expectations of the children. They will have the vision, enthusiasm, and drive to build on the strong foundations that already exist within the school. The successful candidate’s role will be varied and primarily to cover classes throughout the school.
You will be:
• able to provide support for pupils, the teacher and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all, by utilising advanced levels of knowledge and skills when assisting with planning, monitoring, assessing and managing classes.
• someone with a clear vision in how to develop students with an impact on achievement.
• flexible and willing to work across school.
• able and willing to assess learning and social and emotional needs and give help that is needed to remove the barriers to learning.
We are passionate about enabling all our students the very best start in life at Nether Edge Primary School. Great support staff make a difference.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit a Mercia Learning Trust Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we do NOT accept CV’s or Council Application Forms.
Closing Date: Wednesday 6 July 2022
Applying for the job
The Application Process
More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
All candidates must complete the following application process.
• All applicants must submit a Trust application form. We do not accept CVs or Council Forms. The application form can be found under ‘Careers’ at www.merciatrust.co.uk
• Email your completed application to email@example.com or post it to:
MLT Recruitment Team
Mercia Learning Trust
79 Glen Road
Sheffield, S7 1RB
After your application has been submitted:
• In all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage.
• All applications that have been submitted via email will receive an email confirming receipt.
• An email and/or letter will be sent to shortlisted candidates with details of the interview process.
• If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
• Take a look at www.merciatrust.co.uk/careers for more on what it’s like working for the trust, what we offer you, and what we’re looking for.
• Should you require any additional information about the role or the school, or would like an informal discussion or out of hours visit, please contact us on 0114 255 0926 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For more information about the application process, please email email@example.com.
• Closing Date Wednesday 6 July 2022
• Interviews week commencing 11 July 2022
The small print:
• Mercia Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. If you are shortlisted, your suitability to work with children will be explored, and this will include disclosing convictions. The information you disclose may be discussed with you during the interview.
• The successful candidate will therefore be required to complete a DBS check in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Police Act Regulations.
• We are an Equal Opportunities employer. Our staff are recruited and promoted on the basis of their merits and abilities and no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of racial group, origin or nationality, sex, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, political or religious beliefs or trade union activity. Please indicate whether there are any reasonable adjustments or access requirements you would need to help you to attend an interview. If you wish to discuss your requirements prior to submitting your form, please contact the Human Resources Team on 0114 349 4230. Alternatively, please give details on a separate sheet and return with your application form.
Download an application form - 118 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.