- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Key stages
- KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £21802 - £26379 - paid pro rata
- Actual salary
- Actual starting salary £16329.01 - £19757.03
HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT (HLTA)
LANCHESTER PRIMARY SCHOOL
Part time 32.5 Hours per week Term Time only plus 5 inset days.
Working Pattern: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm (1/2 hour lunch)
Pay Spine H5 – H6 SP 9-19 £20,904 - £25,481 + £898 Fringe Allowance FTE
Actual Salary £16,329.01 – £19,757.03 including fringe allowance.
(Depending on Experience and Qualifications)
Start date As soon as possible.
We are looking for a Higher Level TA to take a cover supervision and team management role for our LSPs. The HLTA will have an active role alongside our teachers in shaping the learning journeys of our children, being class based each morning. You will be a confident, experienced practitioner who is able to supervise a whole class, as well as organise and manage interventions for groups/individuals. You will have excellent communication skills, a willingness to learn and the desire to contribute to the development of our high performing team. You will be fully committed to establishing and maintaining high levels of confidentiality at all times.
We would like you to:
• A natural aptitude to work with children
• Plan, prepare and deliver specified learning activities to individuals, small groups and/or classes modifying and adapting activities as necessary under the direction and supervision of a teacher
• Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment
• Liaise with staff and other relevant professionals and provide information about pupils as appropriate
• Use teaching and learning objectives to plan, evaluate and adjust lessons/work plans as appropriate within agreed systems of supervision
• Assess the needs of pupils and use knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils’ learning
• Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
• Teaching Assistants at this level are expected to undertake at least one of the following:
o Provide specialist support to pupils with learning, behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties
o Provide specialist support to pupils where English is not their first language
o Provide specialist support to gifted and talented pupils
o Provide specialist support to all pupils in a particular learning area (e.g. ICT, literacy, numeracy, National Curriculum subject).
• NVQ level 2 in numeracy & literacy (or equivalent)
• Gained NOS or HLTA status
• Or Working towards NOS
• Intermediate knowledge of ICT
• Working knowledge of Health, wellbeing and safety
• Awareness of keeping children safe
• Basic knowledge of First Aid
• Knowledge of Data protection and confidentiality
• Understanding of the Schools ethos and value
We can offer:
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Applying for the job
How to make an application:
• Please read the attached Appointment Brief before completing your application.
• To apply, complete the My New Term Application Form using the Supporting Statement section of the form to detail your suitability for the role, your motivation for making an application and how your knowledge, experience and training meet the person specification.
• The vacancy closes on Monday 1ST November 2021 at 9am, however, early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found.
• Interview date: 4th / 5th November 2021.
• If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager on 07917 035962 or at email@example.com
Website: www.lanchestercfs.org.uk. / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Hempstead Road, Watford, Herts WD17 3HD
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07917 035962
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 355 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Lanchester Primary School
Lanchester Primary School is a very well regarded school in central Watford, having had a very positive Ofsted inspection in July 2019. Along with our two sister schools, we have now joined the Danes Educational Trust. You will be joining the school at a time when we will be reaping the huge benefits of our involvement with Danes.
Our vision at Lanchester is that every child is valued, celebrated and encouraged to be the best version of themselves that they can be. Our children realise their full potential through taking pride and having fun in their learning. In so doing, they grow into confident citizens of their world, who can make a positive difference.
We inspire our children to enjoy their childhood, while becoming:
Independent, resilient, lifelong learners
Thriving, adaptable and aspirational people
Caring, considerate and respectful members of society.
We are a two-form entry primary school situated near the centre of Watford with excellent transport links into / from London, we are also close to the M25. You can visit our school website: www.lanchestercfs.org.uk for further information about the school.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they share our values and are highly motivated and that they are flexible in their approach. They would also be aware of the importance of hygiene in the workplace. If this is you then we would be delighted to receive your application.
The governors and myself are committed to the well-being and continuing professional development of all members of staff. This role would provide an excellent opportunity for an outstanding and ambitious person. DET has a track record of excellent pupil attainment and achievement and offers exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and School.
Arranging a visit to Lanchester Primary School
Please contact Dawn Gamble at firstname.lastname@example.org