- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time
Between 20 and 32.5 hours per week i.e. 3 - 5 day working pattern (by agreement with the candidate).
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Actual salary
Meopham Community Academy is looking to recruit a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our wonderful team!
Meopham Community Academy is an oversubscribed two-form entry primary school in the village of Meopham, with links to the M2 and M20. If you are passionate about supporting children to reach their full potential and want to work in a school striving to provide the very best opportunities for our children, we could be the school for you!
We are looking to appoint an experienced and highly motivated HLTA to join our talented and supportive team. The successful candidate will be a flexible, positive and enthusiastic person who loves working with children and has experience in covering classes, with the ability to contribute to our school's community and vision, helping children to achieve their potential.
The successful candidate must:
- hold a Level 2 or Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- meet Higher Level Teaching Assistant standards or hold an equivalent qualification
- have experience of planning and leading teaching and learning activities
- have GCSEs in English and maths A - C or equivalent
- The successful candidate will be providing class cover for PPA purposes across the school.
The hours will be 8.30am - 3.30pm, Monday-Friday. Pay will be at Kent Range 6 with a starting salary of £20,997 FTE; pro-rata to for 20 - 32.5 hours per week, Term Time Only, including inset days and holiday pay. 3-5 days, by the agreement with the candidate.
We are looking for someone who:
- has recent experience in the role of a HLTA
- has strong Literacy and Numeracy skills to enable you to have a positive impact on children’s progress
- has high expectations and is passionate about encouraging the best from every pupil, enabling every child to fulfil their potential
- is able to contribute to, and work as part of a team
- has excellent communication skills and a flexible attitude
- has effective time management and an ability to work on own initiative
- has good IT skills
The role will require the successful candidate to:
- work closely with class teachers to raise the learning and attainment of pupils
- support children in achieving the learning objectives and aims in English, Maths and across all areas of the curriculum
- feedback to the class teacher, keeping records of progress and behaviour
We can offer you:
- a trust benefit package including 2 term-time days off
- positive, happy pupils with an excellent attitude to learning
- a passionate and committed leadership team
- opportunities for professional development and career progression
- a great place to work with a fantastic team who like to have fun!
To find out more about our school and whether you would like to become part of our team, please take a look at our school website to have a look at the vast array of learning opportunities we provide and contact us via the details below to book a tour with one of our senior leaders.
Meopham Community Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Check).
Please note we reserve the right to interview candidates and appoint for this position earlier than the closing date. If you are interested in this position, please do not delay your application until the deadline for submission.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 432 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
About Meopham Community Academy
Meopham Community Academy is a two form entry primary school set in the village of Meopham, in Kent. We are a busy, friendly and popular school with a warm and welcoming ethos which is recognised by all who visit. The staff, parents and governors of our school all work together to try to provide the best for the families we serve. We want our children to enjoy their time and education with us and to achieve the highest possible standards in all aspects of their lives. We are very proud of our school and the high standards of behaviour and learning that our children achieve. Meopham Community Academy joined The Pathway Academy Trust in September 2018 and as a school we work closely with the other schools within the trust; Wrotham Road Primary School, Riverview Infant School, Riverview Junior School and Culverstone Green Primary School.
Arranging a visit to Meopham Community Academy
School visits are encouraged. Please use the contact details above to arrange this.
Please also note that we require all visitors to make a health declaration, hand sanitise and wear a face covering before entry.