Higher Level Teaching Assistant
This job expired on 26 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
17 April 2023
26 March 2023 at 11:59pm
10 March 2023
- Higher level teaching assistant
- View all Full timejobs - 32 Hours per week, term time only
- Fixed term - Until 31 August 2023
Full-time equivalent salary
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you committed to the development and achievement of pupils?
Do you take a creative approach when interacting with children?
We are looking to recruit a Higher Level Teaching Assistant on a fixed term contract until 31.08.23, 32 hours per week, term time only, to teach our students in small groups and tutor individual students dependent on current need.
The successful candidate would be someone who:
- Is patient, calm and relaxed with an enthusiastic approach to learning
- Is confident in running stimulating, fun and educational activities with children
- Can build and encourage confidence in children, allowing them to lead their own learning when appropriate
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details.
What the school offers its staff
The St Leonards Academy
Here at The St Leonards Academy, we have a clear vision of what creates successful learners. And we know how to implement it.
Our students are enthusiastic about learning because we make sure we supply excellent teaching and exceptional pastoral care.
As well as focussing on academic achievement we are equally committed to the improvement of our students' character through the promotion of our five virtues of kindness, respect, honesty, resilience and self-discipline.
They have opportunities galore to develop these virtues through our personal development curriculum and our enrichment programme that offers everything from rock-climbing to formal debating. Above all, they take pride in themselves, their school, and their learning.
We truly value the experience, dedication, and commitment of all our employees and believe in the power of motivated and happy staff. This is why we seek to enrich and reward our employees wherever we can, by offering a wide range of exciting and useful employee benefits. These include:
- Automatic annual pay increments
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression
- A strong commitment to your health & wellbeing including; onsite Wellbeing Champions, designated Mental Health Ambassadors, flexible working opportunities from Day 1, and Employee Assistance programme
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- Our salaries are aligned to the Real Living Wage, ensuring all our support staff are paid a minimum of £10.90 per hour.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The St Leonards Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1467 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The St Leonards Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01424 448740
Arranging a visit to The St Leonards Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Homewood School and Sixth Form Centre
Ashford Road, Tenterden, Kent, TN30 6LT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in East Sussex, Brighton and Hove