This job expired on 1 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
1 June 2023 at 6:56am
22 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Historyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5
Full-time equivalent salary
- M1-U3 £28,000- £43,685
- M1-U3 £28,000- £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
Woodhey High School are seeking a History Teacher to join our Global Learning Faculty.
The successful candidate will be:
- Innovative, diligent, flexible and with a drive for improvement
- A dedicated team player who develops excellent relationships with pupils and staff alike
- Professional, always leading by example
- Fully supportive of the positive ethos of the school and a willingness to contribute to wider school life, for example, through extracurricular activities
- Willing to participate in personal continued professional development.
Woodhey is a high achieving and inclusive 11-16 community comprehensive school. We are committed to providing a secure and caring learning environment for all our pupils and we ask our pupils to achieve, care and enjoy. Our aim is to develop highly-educated, well-rounded, considerate and confident young people who are willing and able to contribute to society. There are currently 1112 pupils on the school roll.
Woodhey has a successful Global Learning Faculty curriculum which can be accessed below-
What the school offers its staff
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your Teaching or Support Staff employment:
- An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (Support Staff) / Teachers Pension (Teaching Staff)
- Support Staff only based on working full time, all year - Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (36 days holiday rising to 38 days after 5 years’ service including Bank Holidays)
- Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
Colleagues within the Trust benefit from:
- Access to a full range of courses both in-house and professionally accredited. These courses include all of the National Professional Qualifications – NPQH, NPQSL, NPQML.
- High quality subject and thematic networks across the Trust and the region.
- Experienced leadership and subject-specific support.
- Guidance from former HMIs and serving Ofsted Inspectors within the Trust.
- Access to the Trust’s Teaching School, Research School, Institute of Education and SCITT.
- Opportunities to work with different schools within the Trust as a Professional Advocate.
- Participating in peer reviews.
- Access to a suite of online courses.
- Placement projects within our family of schools.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Woodhey High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1133 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Woodhey High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Woodhey High School is a secondary school in Ramsbottom, in the Metropolitan Borough of Bury, Greater Manchester. The school strives for all-round excellence in a dynamic, secure, happy and caring community where everyone has the opportunity to achieve their highest potential for life, encouraging independence and group work, as well as maintaining a positive community. Woodhey is a dynamic school of opportunity. Pupils and staff have both the desire and determination to reach their full potential in a safe and supportive environment. Mutual respect, high expectation and ambition are at the heart of everything we do. School life at Woodhey encourages pupils and staff to work hard, play hard, achieve success, and be prepared for the challenges of life.
Similar jobs nearby
451 Mauldeth Road West, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M21 7SX
North Chadderton School
Chadderton Hall Road, Oldham, Lancashire, OL9 0BN
Woodhey High School
Bolton Road West, Bury, Lancashire, BL0 9QZ
St Bede's Roman Catholic High School, Blackburn
Green Lane, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2 4SR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bury and Lancashire, Blackburn and Blackpool