- FTE £20,852.00
HLTA/ Cover Supervisor job summary
34 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Salary £20,852.00(full time equivalent)
Inspiring Futures through Learning (IFtL) is a family of schools who inspire all of our futures through learning together. At IFtL, we are never alone. We know we are stronger together – one united family striving for excellence for all, in everything we do. Exeter - A Learning Community prides itself on being the beating heart of the Exeter community. We are fully inclusive and provide for children no matter their gender, race or background. We have created bespoke and vibrant learning environments and engage children in a rich, skill and knowledge based curriculum. We strongly believe in the value of learning at all ages and this is reflected in the way we journey together to achieve our goals. Together, we believe, we will achieve!
We are seeking to recruit a Higher Level Teaching Assistant / Cover Supervisor to join our school and compliment the present school staff.
The successful candidate will have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team and offer flexibility in supporting individual children, or small groups within a classroom setting. The role may also require you to provide cover for class teachers, this could be during their PPA time or in the event of absences. We have the opportunity to be flexible with the details of this appointment as we are keen to recruit the right person for our school.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is passionate in supporting children to believe they can aspire to achieve their very best
• Is able to work effectively with children, confidently adapting the curriculum to meet their needs
• Demonstrates excellent behaviour management skills whilst remaining patient and positive
• Has experience of covering classes or teaching groups of pupils
• Has GCSE Grade C English and Maths or equivalent
• Understands confidentiality and safeguarding procedures
Our ideal candidate would have:
• Experience of working as an HLTA ,Level 3 TA or teaching as an unqualified teacher with primary aged children.
• A passion for teaching and learning and a commitment to working as part of a team to provide a caring and positive learning environment
• Initiative and the ability to build constructive relationships
• Have a particular curriculum strength, e.g. Art, PE, French or music.
If you are interested in this vacancy and feel you are the right person to join our committed and hardworking team please apply online. Alternatively if you wish to discuss this role further please contact Kim Burley on 01536 204765.
This post is for 34 hours a week, 39 weeks a year. This is term time plus staff training days. The post holder may need to be flexible with their working hours.
As part of the Inspiring Futures through Learning Multi Academy Trust, successful candidates will have full access to our staff benefits package, including a bespoke CPD package, enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave, Employee Assistance Programme, LGPS Pension with a minimum of 19% monthly contribution. In addition, access to an Employee Benefits Scheme including discount on gym memberships, cinema tickets, retail discounts, cycle to work scheme and much more.
Key dates: closing date – 30th June 2022
Interview date: week commencing 7th July 2022
To make an appointment please contact:
Mrs Kim Burley – firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01536 204765
Inspiring Futures through Learning is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All vacancies are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures. We are an equal opportunities employer. Follow IFtL on Facebook @InspiringFuturesthroughLearning
Applying for the job
To apply, please go onto the school website by using this link:
Click on the advert and you should be able to complete an application form on MyNewTerm.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.