Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for career progression? We are seeking an outstanding Teaching Assistant for the role of HLTA. We will support you to achieve a qualification (if not already held) whilst making a difference to the children at Hillside Primary.
Required 32.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday), term time only
Alternative working arrangements might be possible for the right candidate
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision.
- Works in partnership with teachers, within an agreed system of supervision, to deliver learning activities to whole classes in the absence of the teacher, during the teacher’s PPA time.
- Contributes to the teacher’s planning, teaching and assessment of the curriculum - daily. Enables pupils’ access to the planned curriculum and meets personal and social needs – daily. Takes part in departmental or whole school meetings as required. Supervises the work of colleagues on a daily basis to allocate and monitor workload.
- Uses own initiative to assess and evaluate pupils’ needs and leads the delivery of learning activities by application of specific skills, knowledge and experience with and of pupils and area of curriculum, as agreed with the teacher under an agreed system of supervision.
- Takes responsibility for planning challenging teaching and learning objectives. Evaluates and adjusts work plans as appropriate to meet pupils’ needs.
- Selects and prepares appropriate resources to lead learning activities.
- Monitors, evaluates, records and provides reports on pupils’ responses and progress within agreed strategies.
- HLTA Qualification (or relevant educational degree) or working towards one is preferred
- Experience within the classroom environment
Hillside Primary School offers the chance to join an experienced team with career development through a wealth of CPD opportunities, which is a particular strength of The Active Learning Trust. We have our own Initial Teacher Training programme, which we deliver in partnership with Ambition Institute, which provides an excellent opportunity to train to teach.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, or for further information about the role, please contact the school.
Hillside Primary School reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Hillside Primary School and The Active Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. We expect all staff to actively share this commitment. All adults working in our Trust in whatever capacity will be part of a thorough safer recruitment process. All appointments will be subject pre-employment checks including the taking of satisfactory references and enhanced criminal record clearance in line with the need to create and maintain a safe culture.
This job post has expired.