- From £19,650 (Pro Rata)
HLTA/Learning Support Assistant and Lunchtime Controller job summary
We are looking for a HLTA/Learning Support Assistant and Lunchtime Controller to join our dedicated, supportive and hard-working team. The post involves working closely with the whole teaching team to provide high quality support to individuals and groups of pupils whilst promoting independence. Applicants must be willing to support individual children with learning needs if required.
This position is ideal for graduates or those with a formal childcare qualification. Previous classroom experience is not a necessity but the role would suit those contemplating a teaching career or similar.
We are looking for someone who;
• has experience supporting children in primary education.
• is able to articulate and demonstrate support for teaching and learning.
• has an understanding of therapeutic approaches for children.
• is able to demonstrate a knowledge of or be willing to learn inclusion strategies to support children with SEND.
• is able to demonstrate an ability to engage learners in a variety of ways and has the ability to move pupils’ learning forward.
• Is able to communicate well with the whole school community, and be able to work as part of a team to make lessons and lunchtimes a valuable and enjoyable educational experience
• is motivated, enthusiastic and reflective and committed to professional development.
• has sound literacy and numeracy skills.
We will offer;
• a team of practitioners who are striving and committed to providing the highest standard of provision and teaching for all
• a positive and stimulating working environment with opportunities for on-going training and professional development.
Application for this role is via fully completed application form only.
Bearwood Primary School is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Bearwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced DBS clearance check will be required.
Applying for the job
Application is via fully completed application form returned to our School Business Manager, Lynne Amor, at email@example.comDownload an application form - 152 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Bearwood Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 288 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Bearwood Primary School was originally built in 1847. Its history is linked with the Walter family of Bearwood House (now Reddam House). We have a well-equipped and resourced building, spacious grounds and a dedicated, knowledgeable and hardworking team of staff whose aim is to do the best for each child.
We are a maintained local authority school, with a one and a half form entry of currently 302 children from Foundation Stage (age 3) right through to Year 6 (age 11). We are a GOOD school on our journey to becoming Outstanding.
We aim to be an outstanding, values based school at the heart of our culturally diverse community striving for excellence enabling our children to be independent learners and to achieve their highest potential in all areas of the curriculum. Everyone is a learner and every experience is a learning opportunity.