- £ 22,646-24982 Actual Salary per annum
HLTA ( Level 4 Teaching Assistant) job summary
Level 4 Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Full time 37 hours per week
Term time only
Salary Grade F point 20-24 (£26446-29174 FTE )
£ 22,646-24982 Actual Salary per annum
Start date: September 2022
Location: Ravensdale Junior School, Devonshire Drive, Mickleover,
Derby part of Transform Academy Trust
Would you like to join a school where there is often laughter in the staffroom, where visitors frequently comment on our calm and caring atmosphere and where staff are as dedicated to looking after each other as the children? If so, we would welcome your interest in this position.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring, enthusiastic and dedicated HLTA. This role will include being Lead TA across the school and a key part of our SEND team: directly managed by the SENDCo to provide support, advice and training to TAs, teachers and parents in all year groups. The position will also include working with class teachers to create a stimulating learning environment through excellent classroom practice, planning and delivering intervention sessions for key groups of children and when required providing teacher and PPA cover: delivering high quality lessons following the planning given.
We warmly welcome applications from those who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of children and thrives on challenging themselves and others to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking.
• Be an excellent Specialist/ Higher Level Teaching Assistant, who loves working with children
• be able to provide creative, inspiring and enriching learning opportunities;
• have substantial experience and knowledge regarding supporting children with special educational needs
• have the experience, confidence and knowledge to be the Lead TA across the school
• be confident in leading meetings and liaising with staff and parents
• be an enthusiastic classroom practitioner with a positive attitude and high expectations of pupils’ attainment and behaviour
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
We welcome visits to look round the school and the following times are available: 4pm on Thursday 12th May or 9am on Monday 16th May. Please contact our office manager using the details above to book a place
How to apply:
Equality and diversity matters to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
Please complete the online application form which you will find on the Transform Trust website http://www.transformtrust.co.uk/vacancies.
Any questions or queries should be directed to Margaret Lord at Ravensdale Junior School, Devonshire Drive, Mickleover, Derby DE3 9EY Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01332 512373
Closing date for applications : midnight Thursday 19 May. Interviews on Thursday 26 May.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are strategic partners in Flying High Teaching School Hub, East Midlands Maths Hub and with Derby Research School.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Applied, Transform’s unique and high regarded CPD service www.transformapplied.co.uk
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply to for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, Enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ravensdale Junior School
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 11
- School size
- 355 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 11
Ours is a happy school where children are well cared for, encouraged and supported to achieve their best and develop the skills necessary to be independent learners. Our ethos is underpinned by our RAVENS attitudes; you and your children will quickly become familiar with these!
Our School Aims
At Ravensdale Junior School, we aim to:
• Provide an atmosphere in which children feel happy and secure where there is a strong and consistent expectation of good behaviour, positive attitude, mutual respect, trust and honesty,
• Enable each individual child to develop the life-long skills necessary for an ever changing world and the positive attitude to allow their full potential to be reached,
• Continually develop an increasingly enriched and exciting curriculum within an inclusive learning community,
• Embrace and value contributions made by our children, promoting self-esteem and enabling them to develop into respected members of society,
• Develop meaningful partnerships with parents/carers and other members of our community.
• Personalise learning to cater for individual needs and styles, helping to develop independence, co-operation and lively, enquiring minds,
• Enable children to acquire moral values and respect for others’ culture, background and religious beliefs
All staff at Ravensdale are committed to helping pupils achieve high educational standards within a caring and positive environment. We regularly review all material relating to the curriculum to ensure equal educational experiences for both girls and boys and children from all ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Arranging a visit to Ravensdale Junior School
We welcome visits to look round the school and the following times are available: 4pm on Thursday 12th May or 9am on Monday 16th May. Please contact our office manager
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01332 512373