We are looking to recruit an exceptional Higher Level Teaching Assistant to support the SEND team and to lead on and deliver interventions. The purpose of this role is to collaborate with teachers in planning and delivering programmes of teaching and learning activities for individuals, groups and whole classes within a framework agreed with and under the overall direction and supervision of a qualified teacher.
Reporting to the SLT link, this post holder will be accountable for
Support for pupils
- Plan, prepare and deliver assigned programmes of teaching and learning activities to individuals, small groups and/or whole classes modifying and adapting activities as necessary under the overall direction and supervision of a teacher
- Assess the needs of pupils and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils’ learning
- Develop and implement Individual Development Plans for pupils (such as Individual Education Plans) including attendance at, and contribution to, reviews
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
Support for the teacher
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment in accordance with agreed programmes of work
- Plan and evaluate specialist learning activities with the teacher, writing reports and records when required
- ·Monitor and record pupils responses and learning achievements, drawing any problems which cannot be resolved to the attention of the teacher
- Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, and behaviour
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
Salary - £24,952 to £28,944 FTE £28,371 - £32,909
37 hours per week - 39 weeks per year
Parkwood E-ACT Academy - Come join our team
We are a forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Sheffield. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom. We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country. We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
Our Trust offers:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
Find out more about E-ACT: www.e-act.org.uk
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities form.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job post has expired.