37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Grade 10 - £33,059 - £36,659
Role is advertised as 52 weeks a year, 37 hours per week, for the right candidate we will consider part time working and / or term time working.
Discovery Schools Trust are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced HR Advisor to provide advice and support to a range of key stakeholders and deliver an effective and measured solution to all people management issues. You will be comfortable managing a busy workload, prioritising effectively while maintaining clear and frequent communication with stakeholders. You will also have sound knowledge and understanding of employment law required at advisory level.
This role is based on a hybrid working model with the benefit of some working from home with IT equipment provided by the Trust once training has been undertaken.
Work life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of the role and the structure of the organisation.
Discovery is an innovative, high performing multi-academy trust working across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence.
If you have a passion for education and helping children and staff realise their potential, then this role could be the start of a great journey with a growing Trust.
- Lead on providing HR professional advice and support
to a range of key stakeholders ensuring that a focus is placed on the effective
and measured solution to all people management issues.
- Attend meetings at local settings to support headteachers/senior
leaders with the progression of a HR issue.
- Manage HR caseload ensuring that all the cases are
progressed in a timely way and in accordance with any timelines that are
prescribed by HR Policy and procedure.
- Take an active role in HR related project work which
could include HR data research, monitoring and analysis and compliance.
The ideal candidate will :
- Have a certificate in Personnel Practice level 5 or relevant and proven experience at this level
- Have up to date knowledge and understanding of employment law
- A great team player with excellent personal skills
- A great communicator
- Enthusiastic, flexible and self-motivated to work as part of the team
- Able to cope with new challenges
- Committed to putting children at the heart of all decision making
- Committed to innovation and have a drive to learn
- Able to demonstrate skills with technology
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
We can offer:
- A workplace where everyone feels represented, included and valued
- An opportunity to be part of and contribute to the ongoing improvement of central services within a growing multi–Academy Trust
- Dedicated and talented staff
- Effective support and a detailed CPD support programme
- Enthusiastic and well-motivated colleagues
- Flexible working in line with the needs of the role
What we offer:
- Flexible working option
- A role which has the opportunity to make a real difference whilst having
- Free car parking
- Annual incremental pay increases with the pay scale range
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Employee self-service portal
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Dental support
- Gym discount
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
Why choose us:
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Safeguarding Statement: We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
This job post has expired.