This is an exciting and unique opportunity to g join our fast paced, dynamic HR Department, on an 10 month fixed term contract (full time - 37 hours per week), where you will gain a considerable amount of experience and knowledge of working in a professional, education environment.
St Thomas Aquinas is a successful catholic multi academy trust (CMAT), within the Diocese of Nottingham, consisting of 23 schools. We are looking for a exceptional individual to develop and to assist us in delivering outstanding centralised HR services, to all our Headteachers, Senior Leaders and Trustees.
With other members within the team, you will be supporting and assisting the HR Manager, in providing a forward thinking, responsive and professional service ensuring the CMAT remains compliant at all times with employment law, health and safety, conditions of service, teacher standards, policies/procedures, bishop memorandum and best practice.
The successful candidate will be developed and supported to provide recruitment and HR advice to senior managers and gain demonstratable experience of HR recruitment and selection procedures, in an educational setting.
The CMAT are committed to provide continuous development opportunities to support career progression. Whilst being a Catholic is not a requirement for this post, you must be willing to support the Catholic Life, values and ethos in our academies.
In addition to salary, there is the provision of the Local Government Pension Scheme, generous holiday entitlement, and we also offer a medical benefits package together with a range of discounts on gym memberships and retail to recognise the efforts of our staff.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 23 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme and Medicash, which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
- Electric Car Scheme – access to our new electric dreams care scheme, in partnership with Octopus Energy
- Childcare – If you have children that attend before/after school at one of the 23 schools in our Trust, that provide their own provision, as an employee you will be able to access this resource for free.
The Trust and all our schools within our Trust committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check, online check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants. The Trust will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
This job post has expired.