- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Fixed term - 31st August 2022)
- Up to £30,000 per annum (prorated if not FTE)
HR Officer - TKAT HR Team
Contract type: Fixed term - 31st August 2022
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week, part time and/or term time working can be considered
Working Flexibly: Flexible working can be considered
Location: TKAT Offices however hybrid working (home/office) will be accommodated. Travel to other TKAT academies on occasion will be necessary as part of this role. See about the role for more information.
Salary/ salary range: Up to £30,000 per annum (prorated if not FTE)
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: 22nd October 2022
Interview date: TBC
TKAT (The Kemnal Academies Trust) is one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South of England with over 45 Primary, Secondary and SEN Academies in the TKAT Family.
Our ultimate aim is to ensure we drive educational standards through the provision of outstanding teaching, leadership and learning for all.
The HR Team forms part of the broader support function working with Schools/ Academies across TKAT.
As a team we provide a range of expert guidance and support, by calling upon our diverse professional experiences and specialist knowledge. This includes providing support in areas of employee relations, wellbeing, recruitment and selection, equality and diversity, as well as leading in a number of projects.
Achieving the best educational outcomes for our 22,500 children and young people is at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven person to join our team who believes in the values and strategic vision for TKAT moving forwards.
About the role
This is an existing role within the TKAT HR Team structure. This vacancy has arisen due to the individual moving into a career developmental opportunity.
Joining the TKAT HR team as an HR Officer, as well as completing and owning administrative tasks you will work in partnership with an HR Business Partner supporting a group of TKAT schools with strategic planning, whilst maintaining robust support of casework and related administration. There will also be the opportunity to get involved in project work aiding your own personal career development.
Who should apply?
This role is initially offered on a fixed term contract and is perfect for someone who has consolidated an HR administration role and is now looking to develop their generalist skills.
Secondment Opportunity - as well as being advertised externally, this is a fantastic secondment opportunity for an existing TKAT employee where HR administration may be a part of their current role and would like to develop their career and gain greater exposure further in this field.
As a secondment, you would return to your school role at the end of this opportunity. Term time only and/or part time working patterns will be considered. It may also be possible for you to remain based at your current academy during this secondment. This will be discussed during the interview process.
If you would like to have an informal discussion before applying please contact Emma Sheehan, Head of TKAT HR via firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Internal applicants should discuss with their line manager prior to submitting an expression of interest for this role.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Working with an HRBP supporting a group of academies including being the first point of contact for line managers and employees with Employee Relation and HR systems queries, including supporting line managers with policies and procedures.
- Supporting the full recruitment process and employee life cycle administrations including starters pre employment checks, leavers and contractual changes.
- Assisting managers and/or HRBPs at meetings including sickness absence meetings, performance issues, disciplinary investigations and grievance matters.
- Maintaining the HR System employee records and supporting the development and roll out of additional functionality including training others.
- Maintaining the TKAT Applicant Tracking System for your group of Academies supporting the recruitment cycle from advert to appointment.
- Assist in the collection of HR related data to produce and maintain reports, including statutory returns such as the Gender Pay Gap report for HR Business Partners and/or Leaders
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- The ability to demonstrate generalist HR experience, including an understanding of how to work in accordance with policies and procedures.
- The ability to demonstrate excellent written administration skills requirements as the successful applicant will produce meeting notes, invite and outcome letters and data reports.
- The ability to demonstrate excellent verbal skills and having confidence to support meetings providing HR advice and guidance where required.
- Proficiency in managing, adapting and prioritising your own workload and use initiative to deliver high-quality HR support whilst taking account of confidentiality and data protection.
- Experience and the ability to demonstrate confidence when using HR, Payroll and Recruitment systems.
- Ideally CIPD Level 3 qualified, part-qualified or equivalent HR recognised qualifications.
- Desirably have full UK Driving Licence, with access to your own vehicle as some travel will be required to other TKAT schools for meetings and training.
- Internal secondment opportunity, with potential to remain based at current working location (to be discussed at interview)
Working for TKAT
In return, as an employee of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), you will benefit from:
A wide variety of opportunities for professional development
Opportunities to work flexibly, where possible
Our support for your wellbeing at work
Membership of a generous pension scheme
Free eye tests at Specsavers
The option to join our employee discount scheme
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Our Commitment - Equal, Inclusive, Diverse
TKAT is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity by encouraging and welcoming differences, listening to individual experiences, aspirations and accomplishments and learning how to grow better together. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic; this includes applicants wishing to work flexibly.
Access to interview
Should you be selected and invited to interview please let us know if you require us to adapt the interview environment. If we can accommodate practical workplace adjustments to assist we will.
This job post has expired.