- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- £22,183 to £24,491
This is a new role based at St Anne’s Academy, Middleton which has two distinct areas of responsibility: providing excellent administrative support for the school’s Human Resources function and overseeing the smooth running of the arrangements for cover for absent colleagues.
It is a well-supported role within a strong school team as well as with the support of the central trust HR function. You will undertake a variety of HR administrative tasks relating to the employee life cycle, under the guidance of the Business Manager and Trust HR Manager. You would be the first point of contact for absent colleagues, liaising with faculty leaders, teachers, and supply teacher agencies to make sure that students learning is not disrupted by absence.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has excellent organisation and administrative skills
• Is efficient
• Is an outstanding communicator, with the ability to communicate with students and staff, both in groups and on 1-1 bases.
• Can expertly use computerised administrative systems
• An appetite to develop and learn, with a positive and proactive approach to work. The school specific systems are likely to be something the successful candidate will need to learn, but already having strong administrative skills and a proactive approach to work, this should not be a problem.
Working for St Anne’s means that you would be part of the Cranmer Education Trust, a successful, growing Trust which prides itself on looking after its people, a high level of support and access to expertise. This is an excellent time to join the team, as we develop collaborative structures and systems to enhance and support our growing Schools Trust.
Alongside St Anne’s CE Academy, the Trust is made up of The Blue Coat School which is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ school, two primary schools – East Crompton St George’s and Mayfield Primary, both of which have been judged as ‘good’ by Ofsted and Manchester Nexus, our School Centered Initial Teacher Training school. The Trust also incorporates a teacher training school and the East Manchester Teaching Hub; both of which support the training and development of new and existing teachers across the North West of England. We will also be opening a new secondary school in Oldham in 2022 for 1,200 pupils, The Brian Clarke CE Academy. For further details please visit https://careers.cranmereducationtrust.com/
This position will be based at St Anne’s Academy, Middleton, but may from time to time require travel as necessary to collaborate with other schools which are all locally based.
• Opportunities for professional development in a growing Trust
• LGPS career average pension scheme including life insurance and dependent's pension
• Generous holiday entitlement and sick pay scheme, increasing with length of service
• A very convenient location with motorway networks (a 2 minute drive from Junction 19 of the M62), buses and trams close by.
St Anne’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Cranmer Education Trust follows safer recruitment practices. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975,2013 and 2020 and appointment is therefore subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
For further information please refer to:
• the Cranmer Education Trust’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Trust Policies | Cranmer Education Trust.
• The Trust’s statement on the employment of ex-offenders, in the job details’ documents section.
• The job description and person specification for further information regarding the safeguarding responsibilities of the role.
Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing date for applications: Monday 24th January at 09:00
Interviews: w/c 24th January 2022
Start Date: Will depend on the successful candidate’s notice period, but we wish to appoint as soon as possible.
Applying for the job
To apply please visit our careers site: https://careers.cranmereducationtrust.com/vacanciesMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.