Brighton Hill Community School, Basingstoke, Hampshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
We are seeking an innovative, highly effective and inspirational full-time teacher of Humanities, with the specialist subject of history, from September 2020. This position could have the potential for maternity cover as head of faculty or 2iC for appropriately experienced candidates, which may include a recruitment allowance. Candidates that are currently HoF, subject leads, 2iC or have demonstrable leadership skills are therefore also welcomed. We are a growing school with a wealth of development opportunities on the horizon.
Brighton Hill Community School has recently rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and is a rapidly improving coeducational 11-16 Community School with 825 students. You will teach across the age and ability range and make a significant positive contribution to the vision of the school.
The successful candidate will be:
• An excellent classroom practitioner
• Committed to achieving the very best outcomes for our students and will go the extra mile to help them achieve excellence.
• Able to create a stimulating learning environment to promote exceptional progress
• Passionate about teaching and learning and your own professional development
• Able to make a significant contribution to the development of the Humanities Faculty
Why apply to work at Brighton Hill Community School?
• Excellent support from the Humanities faculty and the Senior Leadership Team, including our ambitious new Head teacher
• “The recent improvements in the school have increased staff morale. High-quality training and development for all staff is effective.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
• Staff feel proud of their school and their contribution to pupils’ academic and personal development.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
• The opportunity to innovate and develop your professional skills
• The chance to be part of a dedicated team committed to improved outcomes for our students, who “enjoy school and are proud to wear the uniform and be part of what they call the ‘#YellowArmy’. They recognise and welcome the recent improvements to the school, commenting very favourably to inspectors about the changes they see.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
If you are an enthusiastic teacher with the desire to make a real difference for our students, we would like to hear from you. We welcome applications from talented NQTs who will benefit from high-quality induction support.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Teaching experience required
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||678 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Brighton Hill Community School website (opens in a new window)|
Brighton Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 4HS