When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judged and everyone is valued. In our community, we are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
For an Easter 2020 start, we are seeking a well-qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Humanities teacher. You will be joining a well-resourced, strong department with a relentless focus on developing an effective academic curriculum and raising attainment in Humanities. You will be joining a forward-thinking school that values the professional development and well-being of its staff and on a rapid improvement journey in raising standards.
The successful candidate must be:
- Passionate about Humanities, Religious Education/Ethics, Geography and History.
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Values driven and
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning.
Successful candidates should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for career progression and leadership. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’.
Informal visits are welcomed. To find out more about our school please visit our website at www.whitleyacademy.com.
We hope that after considering all the information provided, you will decide to make an application. A reminder that the closing date is 31st January 2020 at 9:00 am. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed as we receive applications. Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well for your future career.
Candidates who submit an application form before the closing date, may be invited for interview early, therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible. CV’s not accompanied by a completed application form will not be accepted. Completed applications should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential educational requirements
Good Degree in Humanities
Qualifies Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Recent teaching experience with Secondary aged pupils
• Evidence of successful experience in secondary schools.
• The ability to establish and maintain relationships with staff.
• The ability to work effectively within teams.
• The ability to handle potential difficult situations sensitively
• The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form.
• The ability to teach effectively in a comprehensive ethos throughout the 11 to 18 age range.
• A commitment to comprehensive education.
• A willingness to contribute to subject and whole school developments.
• A commitment to put into effect the school's policies and objectives and to support its aims.
• An understanding of the importance of the teacher as a role model for young people.
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where well-being and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- Access to high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff, to ensure that everyone is enabled to develop, grow and collaborate,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, a personal laptop, free parking, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location, beside a nature reserve, within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
About Whitley Academy
When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site they belong to the Whitley Academy community. In our community, we are proud of our school and are committed to supporting all staff and students to be the best they can be.
- Abbey Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 4BD
- Whitley Academy website (opens in a new window)