Grade F (NJC) Starting at £25,927 (Full Time Equivalent)
Full time (37 hours per week), 52weeks per year
Part time (reduced hours or weeks) applications considered
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Inspiring Futures through Learning (IFtL) Multi Academy Trust team as ICT Support. The post-holder will be an integral part of the IT Team within the Trust. The successful post holder will support the development and implementation of the of IT services across the Trust schools.
Key Objectives include:
- Implement school policies and procedures developed by the IFTL Trust for the use of ICT within the school environment.
- Assist with the deployment of a 1:1 device program across the schools within the Trust
- Maintain schools ICT software and hardware and liaise with the Head of IT on the specifications of new software / hardware as appropriate.
- Manage the work of staff providing technical support to staff and pupils and allocate jobs as appropriate.
- Install software / hardware as requested by the Head of IT and maintain a record of all installations carried out.
- Create and manage all network user accounts, ensuring correct access rights and audit as required
- Liaise with the Head of IT for ordering, procurement, storage and maintenance of large and/or valuable ICT equipment within a departmental budget.
- Carry out audits of pupil and staff internet usage, add filters where necessary and report as appropriate in line with school policy
- Provide advice and guidance on some complex ICT issues, such as software compatibility and negotiate with suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills with pupils and staff, adept at understanding others, a good listener able to take in information from users who won’t always know the correct terminology.
- In-depth technical knowledge of IT systems. NVQ3/4 level IT or related discipline or equivalent
- Sharp problem-solving skills, able to draw on their knowledge/experience to discover and fix the source of the problem quickly and efficiently.
- The ability to work within a team
- The ability to thrive under pressure, remain clear-headed, rational and the tenacity to keep working to find solutions even when the challenge seems too great. Remaining involved until the problem is resolved.
- Time management is key to be able to prioritise your workload, be adaptable, able to respond promptly, therefore enabling the smooth running of the school.
- Significant experience in hardware/software procurement, commissioning, maintenance etc.
- Have experience of working with IT in an educational environment
With schools across Milton Keynes and Corby, some travel between locations is expected however, the role will be primarily based atFairfields Primary School, Apollo Avenue, Milton Keynes, MK11 4BA
As part of the Inspiring Futures through Learning Multi Academy Trust, successful candidates will have full access to our staff benefits package, including a bespoke CPD package through ITT, enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave, Employee Assistance Programme and LGPS Pension. In addition, access to an Employee Benefits Scheme including discount on gym memberships, cinema tickets, retail discounts, cycle to work scheme and much more.
To apply, please visit the Trust recruitment page and complete the online application on MyNewTerm
We would welcome you to have a conversation about this role with our Head of IT Ben Richardson please firstname.lastname@example.org
Inspiring Futures through Learning is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All vacancies are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures. We are an equal opportunities employer.
This job post has expired.