This job expired on 7 February 2022 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
7 February 2022 at 8am
27 January 2022
Full-time equivalent salary
- SCP 7 - 11 (£20,092- £21,748)
- Interesting work as a key member of a supportive team
- A learning-centred school where the best possible practice is the priority
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally
- A vibrant, supportive community of like-minded individuals
ICT Technician job summary
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Heckmondwike Grammar School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1553 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Heckmondwike Grammar School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
We are part of a vibrant and successful school, the ICT team have a proactive approach to delivering a high quality service to our clients (staff and students alike). We are a fast-learning, quick reaction department, specialising in solving end user needs as soon as possible with the understanding that underpinning teaching and learning is our priority.
We would like to appoint a bright, capable individual to join our team, with a strong team player ethos and a passionate work ethic.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be an important contributor to the growth of a forward looking, dynamic business.
There is an expectation that on occasions the post holder will be required to work outside of their
normal working day, for example to support the team and the school during open evenings and other such events. A degree of flexibility will be required of the post holder.
• Action support requests that come in by helpdesk and telephone
• Provide first line technical support to clients
• Keep clients informed and up to date on the status of their tickets
• Monitor system alerts and escalate where necessary in our helpdesk system
• To work with Senior Leaders to organise and facilitate parents evenings and other events
through MIS and other school systems.
• Day to day maintenance of the infrastructure of the schools hosted website. Ensuring it
adheres to OFSTED & GDPR standards whilst maintaining a contemporary look to the
website, possibly leading to a full redesign over time.
• Actively seek to take on responsibilities and develop the role
Specific responsibilities are set out in a detailed job description.
In return we can offer:
• Interesting work as a key member of a supportive team
• A learning-centred school where the best possible practice is the priority
• The opportunity to develop personally and professionally
• A vibrant, supportive community of like-minded individuals
What Will You Bring To The Role?
• Knowledge of or previous first line IT Support work experience
• Highly organised and ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
• A passion for the IT industry
• A strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students at all levels
• Keen to learn
• Ability to contribute to the wider school life
• Energy and enthusiasm
• Suitability to work with young people
Why Should You Apply?
Heckmondwike Grammar School is a unique school, with students who are eager to learn, keen to know more and want to enjoy their educational experiences. It is exceptional in many ways: a very diverse school community that produces results of the highest quality. We work effectively with our young people, really care about them and their futures and have an ultimate success measure of enabling them to proceed to where they want to go. Excellent relationships between staff and students are the norm, expectations are high and students perform very well as a consequence.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and membership of the Local Government pension scheme.
Completed applications should be sent by email to: email@example.com.
Further information about the school is available on the school website www.heckgrammar.co.uk
Protection of children:
Disclosure of criminal background of those with access to children.
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013 & 2020) provide that certain convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide details of unspent convictions and those that would not be filtered prior to the date of the interview. You may be asked for further information about your criminal history during the recruitment process. If your application is successful, this self-disclosure information will be checked against information from the Disclosure and Barring Service before your appointment is confirmed.
Heckmondwike Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Similar jobs nearby
Dixons Cottingley Academy
Cottingley New Road, Bingley, BD16 1TZ
Outwood Academy City Fields
Warmfield View, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF1 4SF
Don Valley Academy
Jossey Lane, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN5 9DD
Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) Subject Tutor
Delta Academies Trust
Spawd Bone Lane, Knottingley, WF11 0EP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in West Yorkshire