We are looking to appoint an ICT Technician to our central IT team.
This role will have an administrative base at our Croydon head office but will spend the majority of time on site at our secondary academies in and around London.
As such, this role will work closely with the management of each Academy, the Academy ICT Service Managers and the Central ICT team.Main Areas of Responsibility
Your responsibilities will be:
Qualifications & Experience
- To provide an outstanding level of IT support and IT project related activities to staff and students at the academies in your care.
- To ensure that all IT support needs are logged, investigated and resolved (or escalated where appropriate) within the target time frames as dictated by the associated SLA.
- To image, deploy and maintain Windows 10 PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Apple Macs, iPads and other peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, interactive whiteboards and projectors, ensuring that this hardware is regularly tested and ready for use when required.
- To install and test new software and software updates / upgrades, ensuring compliance with software licensing regulations at all times.
- To work with the relevant teams to support the on-site infrastructure elements such as physical & virtual servers and networking devices, thus ensuring the availability and security of the network, data and applications.
- To administer user login accounts, distribution and security groups, ensuring that staff, students and trainees teachers have access to the data and resources they need.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate good knowledge and recent experience of:
- Microsoft Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365, Apple OS and desktop related software products.
- Citrix, Virtual Desktops, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Anti-Virus, Internet Access and security solutions.
- Administering AD login accounts, Distribution and Security Group membership within a Windows Server 2012 Active Directory.
- Supporting Windows 10 PCs, laptops and tablets.
- Supporting Apple products, specifically iPads and iPods in an educational or corporate environment.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills, backed by a clear, analytical approach to problem solving.
- Be self-motivated, with a can-do attitude and a strong commitment to delivering results on time and to a high quality in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Have the ability to self-manage, organise, and prioritise tasks and work under pressure during troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Be professionally presented, flexible and adaptable, and be able to handle the various pressures and demands associated with working in a highly customer focussed ICT support role.
- Be a confident communicator and your excellent verbal and written communication skills will enable you to confidently deal with all levels of stakeholders and internal colleagues.
- Have significant, recent experience in a similar client facing, IT Service and Support role, preferably within a primary or secondary school.
Ideally, you will also have relevant Microsoft and Apple qualifications to support the above experience, and a good knowledge and understanding of the ITIL framework, supported by an ITIL Foundation qualification.
This is not a complete list of responsibilities and should be read in conjunction with the full job description and person specification provided in the Job Pack.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.Equal Opportunities
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
This job post has expired.